Job description / Role
Our client, a leading women and children’s specialty hospital is currently looking for an Assistant Chief Nursing Officer to be based in Abu Dhabi.
Responsibilities of the ACNO include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in functional decision-making processes necessary to the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare clinical matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) in providing leadership to nurse employees that will enroll their support, create ownership of goals, and have them actively participate in decisions that impact the hospital.
- Assist the CNO in maintaining necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital.
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue.
- Creating an environment that will encourage recruiting and retention of employees.
- Assisting the CNO in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs.
- Assisting the CNO in establishing standards for nursing practices and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for nursing services.
- Developing organizational patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how nursing care is assessed, delivered and evaluated.
- Assisting the CNO in developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs.
- Planning and providing nursing care interventions and prevent complications, promote improvement and patient comfort and wellness.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
- Representing the nursing services at meetings as deemed necessary; participates with department heads in designing and providing patient care and services.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Master's degree required
- Must possess detailed knowledge of hospital nursing operations especially in Pediatric and Surgical
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a managerial position in a hospital environment
- Must be dual trained – adult and paediatric
- Must be sick Children’s Registered Nurse
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) with a current licensure
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.