Job description / Role
- To assist the Chef de Cuisine in operating of the Stewarding Department. Help maintain a safe and positive working environment and keep the highest standards of sanitation.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
- Ensure all banquet event orders are reviewed and ensure proper set-ups are in place
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china, silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines
- Work closely with the Chef de Cuisine , Director of F&B to anticipate guest needs
- Order and control all inventory of cleaning compounds
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Conduct Risk Assessment periodically and ensure identified risks are managed and controlled
- Manage all Hygiene related matters. Assist the Culinary and F&B teams in HACCP implementation and certification. Qualifications:
- Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- HACCP Internal Audit Certificate required
- Advanced Food & Safety Certificate required
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.