Job description / Role
The Assistant Commercial Manager will oversee the day to day operations in the Supply Chain team. He or she will be directly reporting to the Head of the Supply Chain team. The Assistant Commercial Manager is involved in the Vendor registration until the successful handover of the projects to the Customer. He or she will collaborate with the other divisions to monitor the performance of the Contract and intervene and provide advice where necessary.
This role will involve management of a procurement team acting as part of the Faithful & Gould procurement management structure. This role will be varied in its scope depending on the project requirements. However, the focus will be on the successful delivery of the day to day procurement activities. You will also be providing input into the creation of standardised procurement processes and procedures for the project for approval by the Client. You will be responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities comply with these approved processes and procedures.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of the following procurement activities:
- Accountable for the Contract execution of each Project
- Responsible for managing dispute resolution of Vendor contracts
- Enforcing penalties for underperformance during design, construction, handover and defects liability period
- Reviewing change requests / orders raised by Vendors
- Managing the Contract completion or termination process
- Overseeing Tender Evaluation on commercial aspects of proposals
- Understanding and resolving complex commercial, strategic and business issues
- Pre-Qualification of potential contractors and the issue of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) if required by the Client
Reporting and Performance Tracking:
The Assistant Commercial Manager will be responsible for reporting procurement progress in the form of trackers and reports that are provided by the Commercial Lead. The Assistant Commercial Manager will be responsible for motivating and administering the F+G procurement team effectively and ensuring that deliverables are being met in-line with Client expectations. The Assistant Commercial Manager will also review the updates on future workload regarding procurement deliverables. This is to ensure that the procurement activity pipeline is being monitored and that any potential issues are escalated and resolved
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include :Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart
- A minimum of 10+ years experience with at least 5 years in a relevant function such as Procurement or Supply Chain Management in the Middle East region, preferably in the construction sector.
- He or she should have deep knowledge of the various Contractors and Consultants in the local market who can provide their services for projects in Abu Dhabi and should also possess strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Arabic speaking professionals preferred, UAE nationals ideal.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).