Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; opened the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, opened their doors in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo was designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge designed by Tristan Plessis Studio. \\
To maintain proper credit procedures throughout the hotel in accordance with both local and corporate policies and procedures. To control and monitor prompt billing and collection of all accounts receivable items in order to maintain the lowest possible level of outstanding accounts at all times.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain local credit policies and procedures regarding billing, collection, credits cards, inquiries, cheque cashing, etc.
- Ensure all departments within the hotel conform to the established guidelines for credit and collection policies and procedures.
- Working closely and communicating with Sales, Banquets and Front Office employees
- Must have thorough knowledge of all policies and procedures as they relate to credit and receivables.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local corporate policies and procedures as they relate to credit and receivables.
- Investigate fully all requests for billing and function as final authority over credit approval.
- Inspect all in-house accounts (PM and PX) to ensure adherence to the hotels' credit policy; assist with the collection efforts of these accounts where necessary.
- Ensure the Pegasus commission is prepared and submitted weekly to GRC and that other TA and group commissions are verified and paid timely.
- Review all requests for credit facility and conduct company searches,
- credit enquiries and make recommendations for Management's approval.
- Approve credit as per the corporate credit policy. Communicate approval or non-approval to the appropriate managers.
- Ensure all AR accounts created are supported by approved credit application form.
- Maintain a report showing all groups and local catering events that are coming to the hotel within the next thirty (30) to sixty (60) days.
- Work closely with the appropriate managers to ensure all deposit requirements and are being met and that all clients either have approved direct billing or are fully pre-paid before their events.
- Ensure compliance with advance deposit policy.
- Pursue and collect delinquent accounts, as outlined in the Policy and procedures manual.
- Notify the Director of Finance on the status of uncollectible accounts.
- Ensure prompt and accurate billing of current and aged accounts with efficient follow-up procedures.
- Document all collection efforts in the client file on the standard template as per corporate policy
- Prepare bad debt documentation as required per the Policy and Procedures for write-offs.
- Maintain an up-to-date collection activity log for delinquent and uncollectible accounts.
- Maintain credit histories, original approved written requests for credit and other records for regular hotel accounts.
- Write off or adjust un-collectable accounts after approval by the Director of Finance according or designate to established corporate guidelines.
- Review the Guest Ledger High Balance Report daily and bring discrepancies to the attention of the Front Office Manager.
- Ensure all inquiries from guests or credit card companies are handled promptly (same day if possible) and professionally.
- Visit Clients, if and when required.
- Ensure that check-in/check-out procedure adequately protects the hotel without burden or delay to the guests of the hotel.
- Handling promptly all guest billing issues and disputes, including credit card inquiries and charge backs.
- Make the appropriate corrections as required after obtaining the Director of Finance approvals.
- Ensure all credit cards payments & outstanding are reconcile on timely manner before end of each month.
- Prepare month-end reports (i.e. Aging for Owners Monthly Meeting) and reconciliation's (i.e. accounts 016504 and 016302) as prescribed by policies and procedures for all receivable accounts including credit cards.
- Recommend improvements in the operation of Accounts Receivable / Credit to the Director of Finance.
- Oversee the monthly credit meeting to convey Credit /Receivable policies and procedures to the staff of those departments.
- Maintain minutes of credit meeting as evidence of control.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the Accounts Receivable officer and do performances review of that individual as prescribed by hotel policy, ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Participate in the orientation program for staff in Sales, Front Desk, Reservations and other related positions.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the Director of Finance or designate to include a participative role in the management of the department.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks, and be willing to accept assignments on an as needed basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of analytical ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must have analytical skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to motivate employees.
- Must have Leadership Skills.
- Must be a Team player.
- Must be highly responsible and able to take initiatives.
- Diploma/Degree in Hospitality Management and/or Accounting
- Familiarity with systems: OPERA, EXCEL.
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years' experience in accounting with at least 2 years in Accounts Receivable.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.