Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Assistant Credit Managers are directly responsible for conducting review and assessment of credit applications submitted by business RMs related to Real Estate coverage segment. Complexities of applications vary, ranging from complex, standard to multi-entity.
Jobholders are expected to conduct thorough due diligence on all elements of transactional, financial, business and industry risks and provide their recommendation to management for appropriate decision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Receives credit proposals from Real Estate Team and examines them to ensure completeness of supporting information/ documents and compliance with Bank's requirements.
• Undertakes detailed analysis of proposals by strictly adhering to: Principles of lending, Bank's Procedures & Policies, UAE Central Bank Rules, Regulations wherever applicable
• Conducts proper due diligence as to identification of gaps, if any in terms of disclosures/ information in proposals
• Addresses and clarifies issues or points raised at the review stage prior to preparation of the SWOT Analysis
• Prepares credit proposals with SWOT Analysis covering all significant factors (Strengths & Risks) for review and recommendation by Unit Head, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Addresses further queries/ requirements if any required by the Team Leaders / Unit Head for decision making or initiation of the decision process.
• Communicates the Management decision on credit proposals to Business Analysts, RMs, Branch Managers, Segment Heads, Other Units & Unit Heads
• Maintains proper records for receipt, processing & disposal of credit proposals/ JETS for monitoring reports, internal/ external requirements
• Provides clarifications to Credit Control Unit for the preparation of post approval borrowing documentation.
• Assists in Special Projects/ Assignments that are entrusted by the Team Leader/ Unit Head/ Management
• Masters or Bachelor's Degree in a Commerce / Finance discipline
• Minimum 4 year's corporate banking experience with at least 2 years in the Corporate Credit function.
• Knowledge and experience of managing Real Estate portfolios within the UAE market
• Good Analytical / Report writing skills
• Computer literate with strong working knowledge of business software applications, particularly spreadsheets.
• Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
• Concern for order and attention to details
• Concern for quality - 90% Acceptance level of decisions
• Well organised work - Team Player
• High Level of commitment in every aspect of work & CBD values
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Group Credit Control Manager
Alpha Projects & Logistics DMCC
Accountant (Chartered Accountant)