Job description / Role
Assistant Director of Finance
Responsible for assisting the provision of financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the hotel service strategy and initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. He/She is to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the hotel in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
You will be responsible for:
- To set up and maintain a system of internal controls which will provide the most effective control of the assets and revenue of the Hotel.
- To maintain all accounting records of the hotels in the manner prescribed by the company policy. Similarly, all reports and financial statements must be prepared on a timely basis in accordance with the company policy.
- To ensure that all laws and fiscal regulations of the country of location (which affect the financial matters of the hotels) are complied with. This includes the responsibility for seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such areas as importations, currency transfers, operation of hotels...etc
- To ensure the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts and all other legal records and documents which may affect the financial status of the hotels.
- To ensure that local tax matters, including both income and other taxes, are properly handled. This includes the responsibility for the proper deductions and remittances of all payroll taxes where applicable.
- To approve all cash disbursements. Before denoting approval, the Controller should ensure that all disbursements are properly documented and executed.
- To approve all allowances and adjustments and ensure that they are subsequently approved by the Director of Finance/General Manager.
- To conduct the monthly physical count and valuation of all food, beverage and operating supplies inventories and the half yearly physical count and valuation of all operating equipment inventories.
- To administer in conjunction with the owning company, the hotels insurance program.
- To ensure that, subject to the availability of funds, all necessary reserves, such as vacation of colleagues, furniture and equipment, colleagues' indemnity, etc. are adequately maintained.
- To assist in preparing, in conjunction with the other department heads and the General Manager, both the annual and revised capital budget and profit budget in the format required by the owning company. In addition to the preparation, the assistant Director of Finance is responsible for reporting the actual results as compared with the profit budget.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for operating equipment and furniture and equipment replacements with the annual budgeted amounts.
- To ensure the administration of established credit and collection policies which is the Manager's responsibility, may also be delegated to the Director of Finance.
- Partners with and advises the Director of Finance and other leaders on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a leadership role within a similar hotel brand or business
- Passionate to grow and develop self and others
- Strong relator with ability to build relationships
- Strategic, creative and able to communicate effectively
- A proven leader who is able to inspire others
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated success in driving the commercial performance of the business and delivering on KPIs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting and computer software
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
You will live the brand by:
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Brand strategy
- Interacting in a positive way with all team members to ensure a luxury guest experience
- Fostering positive owner relations and maximizing performance
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
A Leading TPA (Third Party Administrator) in Medical Insurance
Assistant Finance Manager