Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
The property is set to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Assistant Director of Food & Bevearge
This position is to be responsible for the smooth running and financial success of the F&B Outlets operations whilst at the same time ensuring the highest level of standard and service provided to Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk Residents and Patrons. This position also takes responsibility for creating and maintaining a professional operation and control expenses relative to operations, supervising the F&B management team onboard and periodically recommends appropriate actions including promotions and performance reviews.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote Sofitel Brand Promise and operational excellence.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Hotel's Mission , Vision, and Core Values.
- Set periodical business plan, budget, and forecast and performance reports.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff.
- Analyze daily reports to check irregularities.
- Must know the standards set by Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk.
- Be present in day to day outlet operations to ensure standards are being followed in accordance with operating guidelines and F&B policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date records on food and beverage staff personnel attendance, appearance, standards, work and vacation schedules, labor costs, payroll, absenteeism, turnover and disciplinary action.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increases sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Ensure the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the F&B Division.
- Attend HACCP meeting.
- The ability to handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage area and is charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas , the quality levels , performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Maintain current prices and approved purveyors listed based on quality, service and cost of all related food and beverage items for requisitioning purposes, store inventories, cost control procedures and forecasts.
- The ability to aid each Department Head in giving the necessary training to their staff and to assist them in it.
- Able to follow established and proper Accounting procedures.
- Review the various Operations Manuals and incorporate adherence to the manuals into the training program.
- Recommend changes in the manuals as necessary.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Director of Food and Beverage
- Conduct daily F&B Meeting to discuss VIP guests in house & arrival, F&B revenue updates, operational challenges and ways to improve.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all divisions to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Ensure that all F&B outlets update Guest Preference database on a regular basis.
- Oversee the training and supervision of F&B employees, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for employee action; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Assume full responsibility of the F&B Department in the absence of the F&B Director. This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels.
- The ability to safeguard guests and employees with knowledge and application of safety, accident prevention, fire drills and first aid.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Excellent motivational skills.
- Excellent leader and trainer.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Self-discipline, initiative, and leadership ability.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Creative, effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Detailed F&B knowledge, including beverages.
- Operational experience is a must.
- Profound knowledge in budgeting, forecasting, expenses and payroll control.
- Must possess high ethical believes - integrity.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- The ability to think and plan strategically.
- Regularly inspect food & beverage quality by conducting GAP standard audits.
- The ability to constantly monitor the staff's appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism to insure their strict adherence to the Hotel standards of quality service.
- Manage organization and cleanliness of departmental areas by conducting weekly walk through with Hygiene Manager, Housekeeping and Engineering Department.
- Conduct MOD shift and experience the hotel from the eyes of the Hotel residents.
- Attend monthly F&B Outlet's communication meetings to celebrate successes and give motivational
- Degree from a reputable hotel school preferred.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years in managing F&B operations in the hotel industry.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.