Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To oversee and direct all aspects of Housekeeping operations including guest rooms, public areas, laundry and other specified back-of-the house areas
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in monitoring Housekeeping personnel to ensure all guests and internal customers receive prompt and courteous service
- Assist in overseeing laundry operations
- Schedule with Director of Housekeeping routine quality control inspections of all Housekeeping areas
- Inspect guest and public areas on a regular basis to ensure that furnishings, facilities, and equipment are clean and in good condition; make recommendations to Director of Housekeeping accordingly regarding upkeep
- Assist in managing spring cleaning schedules
- Maintain open channels of communication with other department heads and General Manager and Executive Assistant Manager
- Establish and maintain productive team relations and work with Human Resources to ensure that team members' performance is effectively managed
- Assist in maintaining appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance, and conduct of Housekeeping personnel
- Conduct regular department meetings in absence of Director of Housekeeping
- Identify and ensure highest possible standards of cleanliness, maintenance, guest room supplies and amenities at a realistic cost
- Supervise outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance
- Assist the control of Housekeeping procedures that provide for the health and safety of personnel and guests, such as lost and found service, key control, security and emergency procedures and environmental procedures
- Implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and flooding
- Act within budget limits and contacts superior in case of any outstanding and/or unforeseen costs effecting hotel performance
- Assist Director of Housekeeping in the preparation and management of the department's budget
- Perform related duties and special projects assigned
- Prompt handling of Lost and Found articles
- Assists the Director of Housekeeping in the preparation and management of the department's budget. Duties include:
- Preparation of the Housekeeping budget
- Monitoring and controlling inventories for operating equipment, linen and uniforms to ensure the control and maintenance of par stocks and costs
- Controlling and analyzing department costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Managing the department's expenses
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within H&S guidelines and ensuring direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Must be able to lead and manage a team and have previous experience of doing so
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System would be desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Negotiation skills
- Delegation skills
- Training and coaching skills
- Administrational skills
- Organizational & time management skills
- Communication skills (written/verbal)
- Goal focus
- Quality awareness
- Leadership skills
- Degree in Hotel Management
- Minimum 5 years Housekeeping experience preferably in a luxury hotel environment with 3 years at management level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.