Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Assistant Director of Sales
As an Assistant Director of Sales you will be in charge of maximizing sales of the company. Set realistic expectations and push through on these expectations with determination and drive to make company revenues grow as much as possible.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Director of Sales &Marketing in the Management of the Sales Team especially in the absence of the Director of Sales
- Attend internal Meetings and Conference Calls, and Client Appointments and Client Events in the absence primarily of the Director of Sales but also the Director of Sales &Marketing.
- Responsible for key account management on an assigned account (base or geographic area), ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of persona targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Adhere to the Corporate SOP's.
- Follow up of tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
- Detailed knowledge of competitor set.
- Assist the Director of Sales &Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
Your experience and skills include:
- Arabic Speaker preferred along with European Language as a Bonus
- Strategic Thinker with strong knowledge of Leisure Market
- Experience and exposure to all managed segments
- Proven track record of managing a team as ADOS or DOS
- U.A.E. Local Market experience is a must
- Min. 5 year experience in Hotel Industry (preferably from 5* Hotel)
- Knowledge of Opera, PMS, Microsoft Windows applications and systems.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, associates, customers and suppliers Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will over visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.