Assistant Director of Sales
Job description / Role
- To contribute to an effective and efficient Payroll management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and multi Tasking.
- To assist Director of Sales with establishing annual budget and actions plans.
- To maintain complete and supported records of all sales agreements, contract and quotes for the hotel as per Sofitel Luxury hotels Policies and Procedures.
- To have a good understanding of contribution margins of each product results and work with respective heads of departments to maximize Operating results.
- To achieve own revenue goals.
- To coordinate sales team's activities in order to secure new and repeat business in order to achieve and exceed budget.
- To track, measure and analyze the productivity of the sales team so as to achieve and exceed goals.
- To maintain a perpetual analysis of key accounts in the Dubai city market and group movements in the region. To have a thorough knowledge of the comp set activities in terms of sales and actions plans.
- To continuously add and update the database of contacts and local group leads, including the comp set, in order to implement an efficient solicitation program.
- To entertain, and ensure sales team entertain as well, potential and current customers based on business priorities.
- To ensure that all credit, billing and collection procedures that have been established by the hotel are implemented following the Credit Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure implementation of correct booking and filing procedures, including group room and meeting program history, Catering set up and themes, contractual agreements etc.
- To attend monthly credit meetings, with Executive Committee members, ensuring that all necessary follow up is presented in concise and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all sales contracts follow the established Hotel Policies & Procedures and are based and sound commercial judgment.
- To define and target key accounts and develop effective solicitation with the sales managers..
- To review all blocked rooms and meeting space on a weekly basis to ensure that all business is traced for confirmation.
- To ensure a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales solicitation.
- To research and explore new markets and potential accounts for sales team to follow-up.
- To review sales files to ensure correct booking procedures, including history, contract, and room block
- To ensure that sales team project a warm, professional and welcoming image.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all Departmental operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- To ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual as well as electronically is maintained at all times.
- To ensure that up to date Delphi records of all corporate and group accounts.
- To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
- To keep and so safeguard all contracts and financial documents.
- To identify training needs and plan training programs for the employees.
- To ensure that the departmental employees are Multi Skilled and have the necessary skills to perform their duties and maximum efficiency, through consistent training in accordance with the annual Training plan.
- To assist in the training of subordinates as part of the effort to build an efficient team and to be able to take an active interest in their individual development and welfare.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department Operations Manual and Credit Manual.
- To conduct employees yearly performance appraisal.
- To carry out quarterly, bi - yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.