Job description / Role
Assistant Director of Sales - Groups & Events
Leading and organising an effective Groups & Events Sales Team including training, development and supervision in compliance with the Kempinski Standards.
Monitoring, supervising and constantly improving the Service Quality of the Department/Hotel
Consolidation and advancement of the hotel's market position in the Events & Groups domain
Revenue maximization in Events & Groups field to reach or surpass the predetermined budget,
comprehensive over-departmental communication to ensure highest possible guest satisfaction.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski's most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Responsible for revenue generation from received leads in the Groups & Events field.
- Develop a Groups & Events forecast in coordination with the Director of Revenue Management/ Revenue Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for Development (or improvement) & active conversion of an effective Groups & Events Sales Strategy.
- Recognize need periods and actively find possible solutions in coordination with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Sales and the Field Sales Team.
- Reach (and possibly surpass) the monthly and yearly revenue goals.
- Set and regularly review goals for the Groups & Events Sales team and its individual team members.
- Leadership, training, development, encouragement and support of the Groups & Events Sales Team.
- Responsible for the training and incorporating of new team members (and trainees).
- Performance Control for the subordinate team members.
- Analysis and utilization of the Mystery Shopper program.
- Supervise regular Competition Checks.
- Encourage cross-selling to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Implementations of regular departmental meetings to ensure inter departmental communication.
- Secure a proper communication of all Groups & Events details to the Groups & Events Managers and Groups & Events Coordinators.
- Monitor the Opera S&C System and ensure the system is set up properly to guarantee internal efficiency, customer satisfaction, hence maximizing revenue performances.
- Review F&B menus, meeting services, etc. and the according pricing structure for the Event area in conjunction with the F&B Manager & Executive Chef.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of Groups & Events requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by the Director of Sales & Marketing. Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 8 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Apply sales techniques to ensure the business, realize and take up sales possibilities. Ensure the ideal and most effective utilization of the function rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realize upsell possibilities to meet and surpass Groups & Events budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Creation of activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Groups & Events Manager / Groups & Events Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Groups & Events Manager / Groups & Events Coordinator to the client.
- Carry out Exit Interviews with the customer after their event - asking for future business.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximizes its revenue.
- Proper maintenance of LOS/CAN and UNC business.
- Further administrative tasks and other possible assigned duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- 3-5 years of experience in Sales & Marketing
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A professional image and approach to sales and marketing
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.