Job description / Role
The main purpose is to support the Finance Manager and in the absence of the Finance Manager step in or represent the Finance Manager in their absence, i.e. a second in command. The main tasks are the preparation and reporting of the financial data in line with tight Group deadlines and to a high standard, and to be accurate and complete.
* Maintain books and records of in accordance with corporate laws, IFRS and best practice (e.g. maintain clean audit trail with adequate supporting documentation)
* Prepare monthly management accounts
* Prepare high-quality annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS
* Plan and coordinate with Big Four firm the statutory audit of the financial statements within the agreed time lines
* Proactively challenge & assess the effectiveness of internal controls
* Understand and analyse the valuation of real estate and financial assets, for discussion with senior management and statutory auditors
* Create or make existing processes more scalable across all entities
* Keep up-to-date high-quality policies and procedures
* Assist in preparing entities budgets and produce periodic budget v/s actuals reports, and
* Ensuring VAT is recorded correctly, VAT returns are accurately prepared and is expected to closely working with the Tax function to ensure timely recovery of VAT.
* Professional certification such as ACA/ACCA/CPA required.
* An individual in this position should carry a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience post professional qualification or has an equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Relevant user-experience in accounting software for book-keeping purposes - MS AXapta proficiency will be an advantage
* Excellent knowledge of IFRS and of an audit process
* Proficient understanding of UAE VAT rules and filing requirements
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Assistant Finance Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Emirates Refreshments Company
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|
TGC Consulting Middle East