Job description / Role
The Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of event settlement for Entertainment Complex events.
This includes settlement with promoter at the time of the event, as well as all financial aspects pre- and post-event settlement set up and follow through. The position regularly interacts with external partners/promoters as well as internal Operations staff. This position is also responsible for reconciliation and/or submission of music license fees, event-related amusement taxes and Ticketmaster funds transfers. This position assists in other general accounting responsibilities for the Entertainment Complex.
• Execute show settlement related needs, pre- and post-event; including, but not limited to, extensive communication with promoter and internal Operations team, settlement status tracking, processing show requests, preparing wire schedules and wire requests, and actively participating on event-related planning teams.
• Perform financial settlement of events for the Entertainment Complex. This includes settlement of the show at event time with external partner/promoter.
• Assist in general accounting duties for the Entertainment Complex, including balance sheet reconciliations, monthly journal entries, and preparation of recurring reports.
• Prepare music license fee submissions for the Entertainment Complex. Reconcile and report amusement tax for Entertainment Complex events.
• Reconcile Ticketmaster sales activity and funds transfer.
• Track and report various event statistics. Assist in preparing show profitability analyses.
• Complete other duties as assigned in support of the Entertainment Complex Finance and Operations teams.
• Manage daily operations of the accounting department to include contract billing, accounts receivable, and monthly backlog/accrual reconciliations.
• Manage the review, enhancement, and creation of department policy and procedure.
• Produce financial reports on a timely basis.
• Provide recommendations and assist with development, documentation, and implementation of agree process improvement procedures.
• Prepare schedules for recurring accruals and deferrals and amortize monthly.
• Work closely with Signor accountant in recognizing cost accruals and inter-company job costs.
• Review balance sheet accounts, income statement, financial statement and prepare formal reconciliations.
• Post journal entries to record adjustments due to taxation laws or any other event.
• Maintain ledgers for all projects and prepare monthly funding requirements.
• Maintain compliance by preparing audit documentation and reviewing general ledgers and daily paperwork from projects to address potential accounting issues.
• Provide monthly financial reporting and consolidating information to the CFO in accordance with IFRS.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related.
• Minimum four (4) years of relevant work experience.
• UAE Drivers' License would be an advantage.
• Must have VAT experience and education degree in accounting.
• Must have experience with Xero financial Software.
• Ability to multitask and juggle several responsibilities simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
• Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
• Self-motivated and able to perform duties with minimal supervision
About the Company
Our strength lies on our ability to reach the South Asian diaspora across 6 continents. Whether in Toronto, New York City, London, Dubai or Auckland, PME has the experience to gather audiences together and engage them with a memorable show not easily forgotten.
While building our professional network, we’ve also become experts in the field of marketing and promotions. Our partners come to us for help in building their brand, dessiminating promotional messages, or with associating with an established brand (or figure) to help reach their goals. We are experts in using digital and offline media, as well as out-of-home displays to get the message across the target audience. For more information on this, please click on the links below.