Job description / Role
We are actively recruiting an experienced Assistant Finance Manager - UAE National to support the finance team and manage the Budget & Financial Reporting function for a semi government organisation in Abu Dhabi.
Our client is a local semi-government owned business based in Abu Dhabi with. They are internationally reputed and have offices across the globe.
* Leading the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual accounting close including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Prepare, analyze and report on financial statements and supporting schedules according to the accounting and reporting calendars.
* Supervise and manage the financial year-end audits. Preparation of information required by auditors.
* Liaise with auditors on audit planning and resolve audit issues as they arise
* Providing cash, income statement and balance sheet forecast information to Senior Management
* Define metrics for the measurement of the success of the Budget and Financial Reporting Unit initiatives and projects, analyse data collected to determine the success of past and current initiatives
* Develop and manage the day-to-day operations of the Budget and Financial Reporting Unit, providing expertise, encouraging teamwork, aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets, objectives and employee engagement.
* Liaising with all department heads, Accounts Payable Unit and Finance Department, Liaising with suppliers, consultants and external entities.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. It offers the candidate a chance to work with a regional brand and progress in their career path.
* UAE national
* A bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
* Any Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CA, CIMA, MBA etc.
* Advanced Excel skills
* Expert knowledge of English and Arabic
* Knowledge of ERP systems preferred
* Strong knowledge of IFRS preferred
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Finance Manager
Excelsior Group ME
Senior Finance Accountant - Construction Company
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|