Job description / Role
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
We at Novotel and Ibis World Trade Centre and Ibis One Central are seeking for Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join our Food and Beverage team and have the opportunity to manage the business and operations of 7 outlets plus meeting and events in three hotels.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Reports to the Director of Culinary.
- Responsible for all daily operational aspects of the Food and Beverage Department in Novotel and Ibis World Trade Centre and Ibis One Central.
- Maintaining a consistently high standard of service & product through clear management of the F&B Team, active involvement in the operations and hands-on approach is a must.
- Hands on training, coordinating, organising, leading and motivating F&B team members.
- Establishing clear written and verbal communication methods within the department and the complex.
- Develop close working relationships with other departments.
- Promote outlets and use innovative methods to generate revenue, increase average spends, covers and profitability whilst meeting productivity ratios and remaining cost effective.
- Handling guest complaints and thorough follow up and remedy all situations.
- Enhances guest satisfaction through warm and friendly manner, availability and frequent presence in the hotel.
- Handles guest comments and complaints, ensuring follow-up.
- Develops strong relationships with guests with the aim of gaining their loyalty.
- Ensures the quality of service provided for guests, that they are comfortable and receive a warm and personal welcome.
- Steers and promotes all the F&B points of sale.
- Ensures the brand's reference standards are properly applied
- Ensures that sales materials are of good quality and ensures that pricing is in line with strategy
- In conjunction with Director of Culinary, plans changes in the menu, sets prices and organises the work for the day.
- Assures hotel management cover early mornings, evenings, weekends and on bank holidays
- Be aware of the local environmental Municipality regulations.
- Monitor what competitors are doing in the culinary sectors of the business, benchmark and compare to own operation, suggest changes if required.
- Involved in compiling, costing and updating all food and beverage menus.
- Involved in in-house as well as external advertising & Marketing Plan for F&B department.
- Assist the Director of Culinary in the preparation of annual budgets for your department, analysis of the results and implement any corrective actions if necessary.
- Work together with your team for ways of cutting costs and improving ratios whilst maintaining the quality of the service provision.
- Take part in the preparation and implementation of the training plan for your department for all new recruits and existing employees (for training department, department trainings, and daily 5-minute trainings).
- Conduct the annual assessment meetings of the team members.
Your experience and skills include:
- Diploma or degree in hospitality - food & beverage, professional hospitality degree or hospitality management school and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills
- Atleast 3 years of F&B experience and currently at the managerial level.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Micros and PowerPoint
- Young, creative and passionate F&B professional
- Languages: fluent in the national language
Your team and working environment:
- Diverse, young and vibrant team
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Food and Beverage Attendant
Food & Beverage Supervisor
|Abu Dhabi||20 May|
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Food and Beverage Admin
Luxuria Hotel Management