Assistant Head Teacher of Primary- August 2023
Job description / Role
About the Role
We are looking for a committed and dynamic Assistant Head Teacher of Primary to join our thriving Primary School at GEMS FirstPoint School, The Villa, Dubai from August 2023. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of impact in academic and student wellbeing areas, including but not limited to the effective use of assessment and data in driving curriculum and pedagogy developments to achieve excellent academic standards, as well as a considered, thoughtful and impactful approach to support the mental health and wellbeing of students. The successful candidate will teach a reduced timetable and will join a passionate and highly effective Senior Leadership Team actively pursuing excellence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced middle or senior leader to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and within a world-class international school located in Dubai.
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
About Your Benefits
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Be responsible for student discipline and pastoral care, liaise with administration, class teachers, parents and senior leaders as necessary.
- Liaise with the Admissions Department regarding new students' needs, induction procedures, admission testing etc.
- Ensure provision of support classes / activity programmes, educational trips, assemblies, sports day, charity drives, prize day etc.
- Assist with Parent-Teacher meetings.
- Support GEMS initiatives and other major school events.
- Ensure the curriculum reflects the needs of the students and the standards and content required by the applicable curriculum standards.
- Work with the Year Leads and Subject Coordinators to ensure continuity & progression in terms of the school curriculum.
- Chair meetings & committees as required.
- Manage budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the HOS / Deputy HOS.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Be a source of inspiration for the whole school community and hold high expectations of self and others.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical workday, where the tasks require additional commitment.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.