Job description / Role
Assistant Head Teacher - Secondary - September 2023
About the Role
GEMS Founders School are looking to recruit an Assistant Head Teacher for Secondary. This role will be for a September 2023 start.
We are looking for a dynamic and competent leader to work closely with the Secondary team, specific roles will be decided pending the strengths of the successful candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and within a world-class International School located in Dubai.
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through data
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
- Experienced in developing teacher's skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered to learners to ensure all can succeed
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school
- A certified teaching qualification, at degree level such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent . Open University or online degrees are not acceptable
- At least 3 years of solid and demonstrable experience in senior leadership in a Secondary School in a British curriculum or equivalent experience in a similar role or whole school leadership
- Strong data literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents.
- UAE British School teaching experience
- Experience of being an effective curriculum leader.
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply with a covering letter and a recent up to date CV with two references including your current/most recent employer.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it's a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world as we expand into more and more countries.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards which provides significant savings on day-to-day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.