Assistant Head Teacher (Secondary) September 2023
Job description / Role
About the Role
Due to the continued success of our GEMS Founders School, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Head Teacher - Secondary for the next academic year. This role will be for a September 2023 start.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced teachers and leaders to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and within a world-class International School located in the heart of Dubai.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it's a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. As part of our commitment to developing our teachers, Graduate teachers will benefit from our accreditation with British Schools Overseas and enrollment to our NQT programme; while our more experienced teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world - especially as we expand into more and more countries. GEMS teachers are at the forefront of opportunities for growth and development; with most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools.
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the GEMS Founders Family. The successful candidate will play a key role in the Associate Senior Leadership Team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Quality Assurance of the curriculum, data and assessment.
- Ensuring the quality of provision for the Curriculum and the use of Data and Assessment.
- Managing these key areas across the school to ensure consistency and impact.
- Monitoring and tracking the Curriculum and Assessment across the whole school.
- Planning and delivering CPD to staff in these areas.
- Forming working groups to analyse the processes/systems in place and consider and new initiatives.
- To be the lead professional in these areas both in the school and for all external facing meetings/organisations.
- To develop and deliver parental engagement to work with key stakeholders and deliver key messages.
- Support with the self-evaluation and school improvement process for the school in your key area.
- Be a key member of the Leadership Team in all GFS events.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, at degree level such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent . Open University or online degrees are not acceptable.
- At least 4 years of solid and demonstrable experience in teaching Secondary School in a British curriculum school
- Experience in a similar role
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply. If applying as a teaching couple, please clearly state your partner's name (if they have also applied), specialism and what year groups they can teach in your Cover Letter. Please ensure to upload a copy of your qualifications, including your teaching credentials in order to be considered for this role.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.