Job description / Role
Position : Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Department : Rooms / Housekeeping
Reports to : Housekeeping Manager/ Director of Housekeeping
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To assist in overseeing and directing the day-to-day operations of the Housekeeping Department as well as in the forward planning of the department.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct work assignments of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel
- Monitor Housekeeping personnel to ensure guests receive prompt and courteous service and that all guests' profiles are adhered to
- Inform other operating departments of Housekeeping matters, in particular Front Office to ensure accurate room status, as well as Engineering and Laundry
- Schedule routine inspections by supervisors of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms
- Inspect guest rooms and all public areas and restaurants on a regular basis to ensure furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good condition
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary
- Maintain a steady flow of communication within the Housekeeping Department
- Monitor and ensure consumption of guest supplies is under control
- Assists in monitoring Housekeeping procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and guests
- Coordinate routine cleaning programs including spring cleans, etc.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Responsibilities
- Ensure all OH&S legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Must be able to lead and manage a team and have previous experience of doing so
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System would be desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Degree in Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 years Housekeeping experience preferably in a luxury hotel environment with 2 years at management level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
|Abu Dhabi||8 Aug|
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jul|
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
|Abu Dhabi||16 Aug|
Excelsior Group ME