Assistant Human Resources Manager
House of Shipping
Job description / Role
Human Resources Systems and Management
• Work with Global Head HR to review and apply human resource and administrative policies and procedures in the country offices and ensure that they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent, and promote equal opportunities.
• Train and guide HR in the respective countries on human resource policies and procedures
• Conduct regular field travel to country offices to review human resources procedures are being followed
• Provide the Global HR with sound and effective advice on all employee issues and support managers in the region on the care, development, performance, motivation and contribution of the workforce
• Manage the SAP HRIS, attendance, payroll
Recruitment and onboarding
• Together with support of local HR and management ensure onboarding of new hires; employee orientation is effectively conducted
• Collaborate with Global HR team to maintain the accuracy of department organization charts.
Administration and compliance
• Work with local HR, Admin or Managers to ensure legal compliance in all functions such as; work permit registrations and visa renewals for all employee within the region.
• Follow up on expatriate employee services in terms of relocations and making the necessary arrangement for incoming employee who will be based in region.
• Establish and maintain employee details on SAP and dropbox/onedrive, ensuring all emergency data forms are filled and safely filled
• Conduct regular HR audits in countries within the region to ensure compliance to policies, procedures, systems, and legal regulations as well as ensuring correctness of necessary documentation such as timesheets, leave forms, payrolls and exit interviews.
• Provide training, support and advice on performance management and ensure performance reviews are conducted when required as per the policy and procedure.
• In conjunction with the reporting manager, ensure all employee have received their orientation and are aware of policies, their job description and added to training plans as per the recommendations made by the employee’s reporting manager.
• Identify training needs of the employees and together with the Global Head HR and Global Head TD, enroll employees on relevant courses that meet their training goals and needs.
• Monitor the evaluation process at all stages and ensure that all employees complete the review process in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance to all managers as they complete evaluations, help supervisors find effective coaching methods that work for specific issues including identifying areas of poor performance and assisting supervisors to establish plans for improving performance (PIP), be present during review meetings when necessary.
• Provide ongoing support, including responding to various inquiries raised by different employees, clarifying the appraisal forms, methodology etc.
Compensation and Benefits
• Recommend updates on benefits that ensure organizational competitiveness in local talent markets, deliver flexibility and creativity to employees and are cost-effective for the company. Follow the Mercer methodology when evaluating.
• Implement compensation policies and benefit programs for the region including annual salaries and benefits where applicable.
• Payroll management, issuing payslips, updating SAP with accurate salary information.
• Work with Global HR team and Directors to ensure Employee handbook are localized and valid in country and interprets and applies the Local law and company HR policies
• Respond to employee relations issues, such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
• Contribute to the successful execution of company strategy for support to all offices.
AED 12,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Proven experience as Supervisor - HR; overall 8 years minimum HR experience. Knowledge of working on C&B initiatives.
• Knowledge of using SAP, managing payroll taxation for US, APAC, ME, EU, Latam region
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
About the Company
Business consultancy and advisory services for shipping & logistics.
Our commitment to our customers begins with developing an understanding of their business fundamentals. From there, we are able to work closely with them to help them chart their way into settled waters.
Our experienced team have the knowledge and skills required to support any business challenge or requirement.
HR and Admin Executive
Excelsior Group ME
Human Resources Assistant
A Leading Company In Sharjah
Emirates Consulting Group (ECG)
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)