Job description / Role
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
- To have a full working knowledge of all hygiene and occupational health & safety regulations in the UAE, according to Dubai Municipality standards.
- To possess the HACCP certification and other certifications required by the Municipality or by the Management.
- To work closely with the kitchen and stewarding department to ensure adherence to the above standards.
- Ensure that all chemicals are updated in proper file as well as used properly.
- To liaise with the Security Department on occupational safety issues.
- To assist the nurse in the keeping of Occupational Health Cards for employees in food related departments.
- To organize training sessions on regular basis for hygiene and occupational health and safety related topics. To assist in planning, implementing and monitoring both General/Core Training programs related to Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety Training.
- To be a Heartist of the Hygiene Department in and outside the workplace.
- Must be an example of the Sofitel Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance and hygiene guidelines.
- Implements guidelines, policies and procedures for those operating departments according to Sofitel Guidelines & Standards.
- Must apply the Sofitel Food & Beverage rituals.
- To maintain proper training records for all employees, in conjunction with the Training Department.
- To update the management on regular basis on new trends or laws related to hygiene and occupational health & safety. To train the management and employees on those new standards.
- To liaise on regular basis with the Dubai Municipality, and keep good relation with authorities and inspectors.
- To assist with the compilation of the hotel's / department's Departmental Operations Manuals on sections related to health and food safety.
- To assist in developing departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with Departmental Trainers monthly.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To read and understand the hotel's Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
Training and Human Resources
- Ensure wherever possible that employees are provided with a work place free of discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Treat complaints of harassment and discrimination promptly and confidentially.
- Treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect and sensitivity.
- Identify and deal with issues that may cause cross cultural conflict or misunderstanding.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all potential and real Hazards are reported immediately and rectified
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures
- Ensure that all emergency procedures are rehearsed, implemented and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes etc.
- Ensure all staff within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to selves or others
- Use safe manual handling techniques and practise safe work habits following Accor Health, Safety and Environment policies, maintain procedures to minimise our impact on the environment and prevent pollution.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.