Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, near to Union Metro Station and Union Central Bus station also a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Assistant Laundry Manager
As an Assistant Laundry Manager, you are responsible to ensure that laundry service, required by our Guest, is met on time and with the highest possible standards.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in enforcing policies, procedures rules and regulations laid down by Swissotel Al Ghurair
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedure, as well as production and quality standard
- Direct and co-ordinate overall activities of the Laundry to achieve maximum efficiency and production as required by the Hotel
- Responsible for the entire operation and equipment within the framework as defined in the organization chart
- Supervise/ delegate duties to all Employees within the job scope and prepare their work schedules
- Control and analyses, on an ongoing basis, departmental labor and material cost
- Assist Executive Housekeeper for preparing the departmental budget and goals programmed
- Prepare the departmental production summary
- Monitor Employee attendance and labor planning to meet with activity in the Hotel in order to maintain cost effectiveness
- Plan and organize departmental training program for Employee in the area of courtesy, efficiency, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge (especially for new employee)
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous experience in hotel industry is preferred
- Excellence in strategic leadership and team management
- Creative and passionate about hospitality industry
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.