Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; opened the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, opened their doors in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo was designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
Under the guidance of the Director of Talent & Culture within the limits of Hyde Dubai policies and procedures; assist and provide training and assistance for all employees in the property. Contribute to the desired work culture around the mission of Hyde Dubai.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Learning & Development
- Conducting Training needs analysis for the hotel twice a year.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and facilitation of a Hotel L&D Plan and budget that is aligned with the hotel's goals and strategic plan
- Initiate, co-ordinate, execute and follow-up on all L&D activities within the hotel
- Conduct all trainings as per the task division in the Talent & Culture Department to be conducted with full pre-planning actions, execution of training and post training activities.
- Regularly meet with the Director of Talent & Culture regularly to ensure effective running of the division and task distribution. Brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Assist each department in developing quality introductory and ongoing departmental training plans and learning activities; maintain active follow-up through on-going coaching, guidance and support of junior-, mid-level- and senior leaders
- Update all administration regarding L&D records. Filing of documentation after Hyde Orientation, code of ethics, SOP training checklists when required.
- Provide support and development of Departmental Trainers as required
- Conducting regular grooming checks throughout the hotel and reporting any discrepancies.
- Conduct Hyde Brand Orientation for new colleagues in the hotel including the required Hyde Behavioural Standards. Update the Hotel handbook on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular Hyde Service Fundamentals and Train the Trainer sessions in line with the annual training plan.
- Maintain Attendance and pending reports and proactively coordinate attendance with departments to reduce number of colleagues pending for required sessions.
- Design and Implement effective processes and tools for learning evaluation and reporting
- Maintain an ongoing Training Calendar to ensure learning resources and opportunities are maximized
- Develop and implement new training materials such as Info Sessions, Service Fundamentals, etc. based on Training Needs Analysis.
- Liaise with Departmental Trainers and Leaders on a regular basis; attend departmental meetings in all hotel departments in order to build relationships, explain training requirements and also to ascertain training needs from various departments.
- Conduct quarterly Department Trainer Reviews and Assessments to help determine Trainer of the Quarter.
- Maintain accurate Database of certified and designated Department Trainers and maintain information related to departmental training hours, trainer incentives, etc.
- Administer the cross-training process and related documentation.
- Actively initiate relationships and partnerships with industry associations, external training companies and academic counsels related to the hospitality industry
- Negotiate, oversee and follow up on learning facilitated by external providers
- Update the L&D section on the notice boards once weekly with up to date information.
- Carry out any other duties or assignments or reasonable requirements, given by the Director of Talent and Culture as required.
- Support Director of Talent & Culture in the training, analysis and communication of the guest satisfaction program feedback [TRUSTYOU].
- Support in the follow up of Trust You action plan completion including department Trust You role plays.
- Create awareness of the Guest Experience Community in the hotel
- Promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and high standard of social skills.
- Promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- Display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- Demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment
- Adhere to Hyde Dubai rules and regulations at all time
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to manage a number of tasks at any one time
- Degree in Hotel/Human Resources Management or its equivalent
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in the Hospitality Industry, with minimum of two years in an leadership L&D role
- Human Resources experience a definite asset
- Interaction Management facilitator an asset
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office and Admin Personnel
SFM Corporate Services
Training & Administration Assistant
TGC Middle East
Office Manager / Administrator