Assistant Manager - Accounts and Commercial
Viva HR Consultants
Job description / Role
• Overall accountable for smooth functioning of accounts and commercial activities for ME Companies
• To provide proactive working and information to all stakeholders in ME and HO team related to his/ her domain to create their confidence & trust
• Responsible to ensure & set strong communication chain between all concerned for all updates, queries, any issue related to his/her domain.
• Accounts Payable management (Employees Claim accounting , Vendor / Suppliers invoice accounting , Payments as per due terms / SOP, Vendor/ Employee accounts reconciliation on quarterly / half yearly and confirmation)
• Bank payment and collection accounting , bank reconciliation etc
• Participate in negotiation with vendors / suppliers for best deal
• Compilation of Expenses budget and ensure appropriate control
• Employee Claim verification as per SOP, accounting and disbursement
• Control over Loans and Advances, Employee Imprest, Balance confirmation, settlement, Cash and Bank
• Statutory Compliance including withholding taxes ( VAT, Profit Tax, Transfer Pricing, DMCC and any other local requirements) in Coordination with Local Consultant
• ERP software SMS / Oracle implementation and working
• Inventory Controls including review of purpose and authorization of issue challan, STR, Physical verification twice in a year, inventory valuation, Purchase accounting and COGS analysis.
* Keeping controls on adherence of sales policy and any deviation needs to be highlighted and must be addressed
* Managing Import payments and Export collections and liaison with bankers
* Update the knowledge with any changes in local laws and intimate H.O. at the earliest
* Coordinate with the consultants and Govt Dept. for any property relating transactions
* Manage cash flow pro-actively and able to visualize future conditions
* Coordination and support to overseas entities like Kuwait and establishing controls, apart from reviewing MIS on monthly basis
* Manage transactions and issues relating to company law matters
* Manage to contribute in the growth of organization - solution provider in legitimate manner
* Exercise two annual closings - as on Dec and as on March. Keep track of closing entries and consolidate books of accounts as required
• Review and establishing internal control in the organization with the support of Seniors
• Review and finalization of Monthly Trial balance and draft Financial statements by 10th of month. Coordination with auditor for completion of statutory audit, compiling of draft Financial statements and timely closure of December and March audited Balance sheet. Monthly MIS by 10th of every month as per pre-defined format
• Fixed Assets Control / FAR / Depreciation Schedule etc. Review of General ledger and ensure correct and timely accounting.
• Liaison with Govt Authorities as & when required
• Invoice Preparation and finalization following the Discount structure, payment terms etc before dispatch of materials.
• Regular payment follow up with customer’s and ensuring payments are received on/ or before due date.
• Resolving issues of customer’s related to sales return, discount issues by issuance of credit notes etc.
• Proper accounting of receipts from customer’s in books of account and preparing reconciliation of same.
• Ensuring all dealer agreements are in place and new agreement is signed as soon as new dealers are appointed.
• Preparing expected collection’s on weekly basis and sharing it with HO.
• Coordination with local banks in case of any fund transfer issues.
• Ensuring all local documents are filed properly- Including POD copies, Invoice copy signed by customer etc.
• Handling Insurance- Property, Medical, Stock and any other Insurances as per local laws and requirement.
• Keeping a track record of all visa's issued from all ME companies and ensuring renewal on/ or before due date.
• Consultant and Compliance Management- Dealing with Consultants for any compliance related matters such as OFC (Operational Fitness Certificate) for Warehouse or any other documents as required for complying with local rules and regulations.
• Ensuring Trade License are renewed on/ or before due date by regular follow up with authorities and HO.
• Payment upload in bank for all 3 entities and sending it to HO for authorization as per SOP defined.
• Ensuring all showroom sales are happening as per policy defined on 100% advance payment- No dispatches are done without Commercial clearances.
• Coordinating and ensuring no SOP's are breached as defined by Company related to Account, Finance & Commercial.
• Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
• Experience in Compliance Management for UAE based companies/entities.
• Experience in product accounting and costing.
• Experience of MIS and finalization of books of accounts
• Experience of Budgeting and budgetary controls
• Experience in setting goals and doing reviews of the team & filling the gaps
• Import / Export Accounting, insurance, sample accounting etc.
• VAT Compliance,
• Import and export related banking transactions
• Visa related experience
• DMCC Compliance
• General accounting
About the Company
Viva HR Consultants is a fast-growing service provider in the field of Human Resources and Recruitment Outsourcing. Located in Dubai, we provide a wide array of HR Services for businesses and individuals across the world.
We specialize in turning first assignments into successful long-lasting business partnerships. Our vision is to deliver quality products and services to clients across the globe. We take pride in our core values of Integrity and Confidentiality. We are a very customer-centric organization and our entire team works very hard to achieve our primary goal of "Customer Delight" which results in our customers and clients coming back to us for more. We also strongly believe in building long-term mutually beneficial business relationships. We never promise what we cannot deliver and we never compromise on quality.
Middle East Executive