Job description / Role
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our UAE Audit and Assurance team as an Assistant Manager. The role is to render audit services to our clients in UAE. The successful individual will own the following responsibilities:
- Responsible to coordinate audit team to complete allocated complex assignments/group engagements in line with respective timeline. Ensure work is delegated appropriately.
- Responsible for monitoring project efficiency and ensuring timely billings and collections.
- Responsible for 1st level review of complex financial statements of the allocated assignments as per IFRS
- Takes responsibility for understanding key statistics and industry matters about entity before engagement begins, for example, by asking other team members and reading the prior year financial statements (including the enhanced audit report) or audit documentation
- Organize and lead attend preliminary meetings with clients as per allocated portfolio.
- Manage effectively different points of view to build consensus, promote collaboration and create a positive work environment for all team members
- Signs off appropriately on work performed and reviewed.
- Understand the client's requirement in detail. Organize ideas logically and present thoughts rationally and confidently.
- Prepares and reviews documentation by anticipating questions that reviewers may ask, including not just the conclusion but the relevant facts, analysis, reference to authoritative literature and professional judgements made in reaching it
- Documents objectivity, independence and continuance decisions, checking that sufficient enquiries have been made and that all information has been captured.
- Checks that staff on the engagement have adequate technical knowledge, including industry knowledge, for the areas in which they are working.
- Prepare/review reports and communicate findings and recommendations to the client and agree with them. Actively participate in presentation to the Audit Committee/BOD/TCWG. Lead the client audit closing meetings.
- Perform appraisals or Support the Manager/ Director in performing appraisals for team members assigned on the engagement.
- Encourage others to take ownership of their own personal development. Be open and direct in dealing with difficult issues and conflicts.
- 4+ years of experience in auditing, with leading professional services firms or large multinational organizations and systems
- Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Successful record of engagement management
- Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Arabic (Preferable)
- CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent is must
About the Company
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Senior Associate - Assurance Services
Financial Accountant / Assistant Finance Manager
Manpower Middle East