Job description / Role
* To develop payment service products and position the processing centre as a revenue generator.
* Meet the departmental operation budget by ensuring that the cost of providing services are tracked and controlled in relation to the budgets set for these activities. Always look for ways and means to control cost per transaction and that includes monitoring cost on courier, communication and other misc. expenses.
* Avoid revenue leakage and ensure that there are no debits to P&L Accounts without appropriate authority
* Ensure there is no revenue leakage in respect of tariff to payment instructions.
* To provide high quality service to our stakeholders and customers.
* To develop key working relationships with internal customers and support units etc.
* To achieve set targets in terms of Service standard for customer transactions
* To provide advisory service to large corporate customers in the UAE and other customers on best methods of transferring money to exchange controlled countries
* Living the values of SCB at all times
* Successfully complete projects for which responsible, and also provide active support wherein contribution is required as a participant / stakeholder.
* Ensure all the transactions handled in CPC are checked and processed for authenticity (as to source, value, SC Star etc) and are disposed off strictly as per remitters instructions.
* Ensure that all internal account reconciliation escalations are addressed on a daily basis and correction entries passed where required eg sundry, erroneous, csa accounts etc.
* To ensure that any Nostro unreconciled entries escalated are kept to a minimum and are resolved on a daily basis.
* Ensure that turnaround times in respect of processing various transactions are met on a constant basis as per agreed SLA with respective units
* Ensure that all enquiries / complaints are resolved within agreed turnaround time
* Be aware of all policies and procedures for CMO processing and products
* Develop good knowledge and understanding of the Group's CMS policy and other bank procedures
* Act as custodian for Bank keys as and when required.
* Act as a bulk stock custodian as and when required.
* Act as backup for the other supervisory desks.
People and Talent
* Motivate and train staff to ensure performance is optimized. Drive productivity improvement across the department operations where possible
* Initiate and drive service improvements across the portfolio as part of the Group's out serve program.
* To ensure that the department gets a satisfactory audit rating in all external / internal reviews
* To ensure that all risks and losses related to payment services are identified, documented and registered in Phoenix.
* Ensure adherence on an ongoing basis to all requirements of KYC/AML as may be issued from time to time.
* Ensure all practices within the unit comply with risk and compliance procedures minimizing any operational loss in respect of all activities.
* Ensure controls are in place and operational risk is managed across the portfolio according to group policy
* Ensure compliance to sanctions, AML, KYC policies periodically given by the group
* Support GSSC from country for all processing related activities (query resolution and other decisions which country needs to take).
* Guide GSSC to minimize cost per transaction by ensuring that all messages are accurate and straight through to all correspondents worldwide and as per SC star format.
* Support GSSC in obtaining additional information from client where needed, by addressing the mails (referred by GSSC) to relevant businesses.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the UAE CMO to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Looking for UAE National with excellent communication skills
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.