Job description / Role
Arabian Radio Network is part of Dubai Holding Entertainment (Former name: Arab Media Group).
ARN is looking to hire Assistant Manager - Finance Operations & Reporting. Successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Company’s accounts (excluding Receivables Management), monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting to the Group as well as assist in the preparation of the Company’s annual Budgets & Business plans.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
Accounting & Operational Controls:
• Ensure timely & accurate accounting of all financial transactions.
• Ensure strict compliance with the Group’s governance, policies and procedures for approvals
• Responsible for review of all purchase requisitions for budgetary compliance and management approvals.
• Ensure timely payments to suppliers, review of open POs/Pre-payments and monthly accrual of costs, as required.
• Ensure all VAT obligations are properly recorded and responsible for filing of accurate Tax returns.
• Ensure timely & complete reconciliation of all Cash & Bank Accounts
• Review the Company’s Barter arrangements and ensure the balances are properly tracked and utilized.
• Ensure timely recognition of Fixed Assets (FA) and periodic tracking of FA inventory.
• Responsible for timely closure of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounts for Management and Shareholders’ reporting purposes
• Maintain complete Integrity of all GL & Sub-ledger accounts, as required.
• Review & ensure all TB Schedules are properly maintained & Reconciled
• Develop, monitor and update all finance Policies, Procedures & Processes related documentation.
• Ensure effective and efficient processes as well as proper internal controls are in place for all the processes that affect the finance function and financial reporting.
• Ensure Internal Audit points/issues are addressed on a timely basis.
Financial Review & Reporting:
• Ensure the month-end closing checklist including all relevant tasks/reconciliations/schedules/reports is reviewed and signed-off on a timely basis.
• Ensure full review of the month-end financial results and budgetary variances for MIS submission.
• Submit Business KPI reports as per requirement
• Submit Cash-flow Forecast reports as per requirement.
• Review & submit a report on the Barter balances position with emphasis on long pending/risky balances.
• Ensure timely submission of necessary reports as per contractual obligations with Business partners.
• Maintain a Risk and Opportunity register for monthly reporting.
• Manage all reporting requirements for both Internal & External Audits.
Annual Budgets & Business Plans:
• Assist in planning & preparation of annual budgets (5 year plans)
• Assist in planning & preparation of Business plans for new projects & initiatives.
• Business partner and customer focused
• Proactive and forward thinking – able to challenge and question the status quo.
• Strong supervisory & people management Skills
• Strong analytical & problem-solving abilities
• Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
• Highly professional and excellent communicator at all level of the organization, both verbal & written
• Results driven & ability to meet deadlines
• High degree of autonomy and integrity
Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience:
• Degree in accounting and/or finance
• CA, CPA or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
• 3+ years’ experience in managing & supervising financial operations for a medium to large size organization, preferably in the Media, Entertainment or Telco Sector.
• Big 4 Audit firm experience a plus.
• Experience in VAT implementation/management
• Strong and up to date knowledge of IFRS and reporting standards
• Strong systems exposure and ERP system knowledge preferably
• Oracle financials.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
A Leading Trading Company In The UAE
Emirates Refreshments Company