Job description / Role
Our Finance & Performance Improvement practice sits within our wider Advisory team and is growing significantly due to client organisations needing to address their IT infrastructure weaknesses and adapt to the changing market environment. Consequently we are seeing our clients undertaking a wide range of projects. As a Finance Assistant Manager you will work with our Managers and Senior Managers to deliver exceptional service for our MENA clients.
And as you deliver exceptional client service, you'll have the opportunity to address some of the biggest technology issues facing MENA organisations today - supported by structured learning and development. With a network stretching across the world, the projects you work on will cross borders and sectors, providing unrivalled experience. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- As an assistant manager you will work with leading organizations in MENA to assist them manage their finance functions to drive efficiency and provide better financial insight through enablement of SAP.
- This is about changing the role of finance from transactional processing to supporting the business make better decisions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong functional skills of SAP including S4 Hana, and experience of, finance, operational excellence or performance improvement
- An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and experience from project management
- Ability to define the to-be solution based on business needs and application of standard SAP (S4) process applicable to the industry
- Ability to describe the solution in business and IT language
- An ability to work effectively with people in diverse environments and at all levels within an organization
- An ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and simple way
To qualify for the role you must have
- Approximately 3 to 4 years of recent relevant work experience in a leading business consulting organization or accounting organization
- You will have 'hands on' experience on implementation of SAP / S4 Hana, major finance transformation or change programs, MENA experience desirable
- A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of finance controls, process, transactions and systems
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
Ideally, you'll also have
- Accounting/ finance qualifications (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA CFA etc.)
- Relevant SAP certification desirable
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region
What we look for
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients with a strong Finance background. You will have strong understanding of SAP and Performance Improvement across Finance function.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region