Job description / Role
Dubai Holding Entertainment (former Arab Media Group)
Dubai Holding Entertainment is part of Dubai Holding and have an exciting career opportunity. We are looking to hire Assistant Manager - Fixed Assets
The role of Assistant Manager - Fixed Assets is to analyze and report on fixed assets. This work includes recording the cost of tangible and intangible fixed assets accounting for the disposal of fixed assets whether through a sale or at the end of their useful life. This position has responsibility for all fixed asset accounting and monthly close duties, including the maintenance of FAR in Oracle. The employee will implement and administer company policies, procedures, systems and controls that have a direct effect on the organization s accounting function.
Key Accountabilities (Includes, but not limited to the following):
• Execute established system of procedure and internal controls to accurately record the acquisition, changes, and disposition of the fixed assets.
• Analyze and maintain a complete and accurate sub-ledger. Perform reconciliation of fixed asset sub-ledger balance with the general ledger balance
• Record newly acquired fixed assets in the accounting system and those disposed after ensuring that necessary procedures have been followed in line with the group’s governance model
• Manage leases capitalized under IFRS 16.
• Track Group’s fixed asset spending in relation to its capex budget, as well as DOA authorizations.
• Allocate tag numbers to fixed assets to effectively track them from time to time
• Track, compile, and record project costs in fixed asset accounts
• Perform depreciation calculation for all fixed assets
• Monitor fixed assets’ obsolescence potential and any write off
• Recommend fixed assets that should be disposed-off to the management
• Perform fixed asset related analyses as per the management request
• Recommend any updates to accounting policies affecting fixed assets
• Create fixed asset related audit schedules and collaborate with auditors on their assignments
• Assist in carrying out fixed assets valuation for insurance purpose and audit purposes
• Assist in the impairment assessment of PPE
• Manage projects from initiation to completion and componentization
• Monitor consultants for componentization of fixed assets under different projects
• Partner and collaborate with internal stakeholders (Operations, IT, Projects, etc.) to resolve issues.
• Assist in implementing and smooth running of fixed assets accounting and reporting systems.
• IAS 16, IAS 40, IAS 36 IAS 38 and IFRS 16
• Be able to articulate assessments
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, and excellent attention to detail.
• Collaborative skills: works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
• Positive and professional, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of team members in various departments.
• Able to work in a dynamic environment.
• Must be a self-starter, results driven, and capable of working autonomously with limited supervision.
• Good understanding of GAAP and IFRS.
Degree in Accounting and/or Finance – ACCA / CA preferred
5-10 years of relevant experience
• Strong analytical skills.
• Highly skilled in math and finance.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Skilled in negotiation and project management.
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.