Job description / Role
Assist Head of Fraud Risk Management in achieving the overall objective of improved visibility and effective fraud prevention for all Banking channels, with initial focus on Cards and Online channels
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing containment and remediation plans for fraud incidents impacting CBD
- Regular monitoring of emerging threats to gain insight into the evolving threat landscape affecting Banking channels
- Ensure 100% of cases created in Falcon and FN are actioned the same day by the card fraud monitoring team
- Perform the analysis of confirmed fraud cases to identifying root cause and develop corrective measures
- Work with cross-functional teams across CBD for collaboration on fraud risks and investigations
- Continuously monitor the performance of the fraud detection rules in Falcon and FN systems and suggest changes to existing rules wherever applicable to minimize false positive rates.
- Undertake monitoring of transaction originating from digital channels to identify any suspicious patterns that may result in a fraud and take corrective action to proactively prevent fraud
- Provide periodic feedback to Head of Fraud Risk Management to enhance fraud detection rules to improve detection rates
- Identify new and emerging patterns of fraud and make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring
- Provide the required support and assistance to fraud investigator to complete investigations in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly reports covering key metrics on the fraud monitoring activities for management reporting
- Actively participate and contribute to the success of key strategic initiatives underway by the fraud risk management unit
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or law
- 5 to7 years' experience as a fraud analyst in payments, digital channels or credit cards within banking industry
- Advanced knowledge of merchant, credit card and digital banking products
- Knowledge of issuing and acquiring card fraud, online banking and payments fraud prevention tactic
- Systems: Falcon, Vision+, ThreatMetrix, Splunk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Working knowledge of banking systems and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service abilities
- Ability to multi task and work in a high volume environment
- Analytical thinking
- Understanding of fraud issues effecting the banking industry
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.