Job description / Role
- To assist revising and updating of the Departmental Operations Manual on an as needed basis.
- To maintain the Daily Log Book.
- To assist in planning the weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the work place is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
- To maintain the work place bulletin board.
- To submit all guest / staff incident reports.
- To report "Lost and Found" items.
- To attend Daily Operations Meeting.
- To ensure that all Front Office employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To ensure that Front Office employees provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- To ensure that all Front Office employees are familiar with the hotel's products and services, current promotions, policies and other important information
- To assist in implementing consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- To personally and frequently verify that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
- To ensure that the area is managed well by the respective team and deliver the brand promise.
- To maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- To ensure that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
- To coordinate VIP movements with relevant Departments as advised.
- To assist in effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing utilization of part time staff and close cooperation with other department in the hotel.
- To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled.
- In the absence of the Front Office / Assistant Front Office Manager :
- To obtain and account for the correct room revenue.
- To ensure that all room rate, guest data is posted and correct into the hotel property management system.
- To account for all rooms related rebates for the day.
- To identify and correct any errors.
- To ensure that all room discrepancy are check and follow-up.
- To identify market needs to generate more revenue.
- To implement consistent guest recognition programmes.
- To participate in weekly Rooms Yield / Management meeting conducted together with Sales / Marketing.
- To promote Gold passport schemes to our potential guests whenever possible.
- To upsell rooms, food and beverage outlets and other facilities whenever opportunities arises.
- To assist in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Rooms Top 20 have been implemented.
- To respond to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
- To ensure that Front Office employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of "We work through Teams".
- To assist the Front Office / Assistant Front Office Manager in efficiently managing the department according to the established concept statement providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Grand Hyatt Dubai Standards of Performance.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing Multi Tasking principles and to check their performance periodically.
- To check all due out folio's each morning for accuracy and presentation, to ensure follow up of all due out rooms is made from the departure list by 15:00 hours each day.
- To ensure that all GSO has sufficient floats to secure all guests during their shift.
- To implement a flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to staffs on rooms occupancy, arrival and departures, functions / event and special attention that is needed.
- To liaise with housekeeping and other related department on daily operation.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Rooms related service, product and up sell alternatives.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that the cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure guest registration cards, back up vouchers and documents are filed accurately and according to the standards required.
- To ensure that all day use charges incurred are posted upon check out and payment received.
- To monitor all arriving guests through guest arrival list ensuring that all rates, vouchers required and credit requirements are followed up.
- To operate the computer with its automatic Night Audit System and to produce balanced daily results.
- To verify the accuracy of data by auditing preliminary reports and by making corrections before totals are finalized.
- To ensure the running of all overnight reports are completed fully and correctly.
- To distribute sales and statistical reports to selected department heads.
- To ensure the photocopying for distribution is completed efficiently each night, and has been distributed prior to 08.30 hrs.
- To carry out all other duties to the standards and specifications are laid out in the overnight shift manual.
- To ensure the daily accuracy of traffic sheets, folios and all types of vouchers and restaurants checks before sending them to the Accounting Department.
- To ensure all rebates and paid out vouchers are checked and signed prior to the transactions.
- To ensure that the hotel's credit policy is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that the work place is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
- To liaise and organize with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
- To coordinate all Repair and Maintenance and issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
- To monitor and ensure rooms are ready for arrival of guests.
- To support the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt's Values and Culture Characteristics.
- To assist in identifying training needs and plan training programs for the staffs.
- To ensure that the place of work staffs are multi-skilling and have the necessary skills to perform their duties through consistent training in accordance with the Annual Training Plan.
- To liaise and inform Department Head and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
- To ensure that all staffs maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To conduct staff yearly performance appraisal.
- To ensure that all staffs report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- To ensure that all staffs provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To fully support the Departmental Trainers function in the Department assigned.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of staffs by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To assist in the training of the staffs ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- To supervise the staffs within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department' Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all staffs have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Staff Rules and Regulations.
- To ensure that all staffs have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Assistant Manager or Team Leader - Front Office / Guest Relations in a hotel.
- Well developed communication and customer relations skills.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Guest Service Officer - Front Office
Assistant Front Office Manager
Call Center Agent