Job description / Role
The company is currently has an exciting career opportunity. We are looking to hire an Assistant Manager - Operations. Global Village is part of Dubai Holding Entertainment. It is the region’s leading family and cultural entertainment destination, which is committed to providing the best in entertainment and excellence in guest experience.
• To support the Manager - Operations and Director in the daily Operations of the Carnaval including operational, commercial and safety.
• The Assistant Manager - Operations will support for the overall day-to-day operations of the rides and attractions giving particular focus to the commercial and guest focused aspects of the role, by leading, motivating and directing diverse team of staff in a variety of operational responsibilities.
• Responsible for the safe and highest guest experience standards in the operations of the rides and attractions at Global Village Carnaval.
• To take leadership in developing the commercial aspects of the Carnaval including ensuring teams achieve revenue targets.
Key Accountabilities (Includes, but not limited to the following):
• Planning and implementing strategies, programs and initiatives to achieve continuous improvements in Guests and employee satisfaction.
• Supporting the hiring, training and supervision of the department’s seasonal staff and engaging them to deliver world class services and care.
• Assist in managing the commercial aspects of the Carnaval including card issuance, monitoring ride attendants at swiping devices and supervising the process.
• Oversee the cleanliness of the Carnaval’s rides and related facilities for ensuring superior guest experience
• Planning and executing efficient queue management system ensuring a better guest flow
• Assist in management of third party operators, including games operator, arcade operator and third party attraction operators
• Work towards and motivate front line teams to achieve the revenue targets as specified in the yearly budgets whilst ensuring costs remain in line
• Review all ride operations manuals and standards and recommend changes or action needed when appropriate
• Assist the Manager - Operations in implementing Standard Operating Procedures for each ride and device in the Carnaval, including ride break-down or emergency situations to ensure the safety of all guests and employees
• Read and review all ride operations documents and reports, and recommend changes or action needed when appropriate
• Adhere to and enforce all Global Village policies and procedures, including HSE, and demonstrate a commitment to guest service in all aspects of Carnaval operations
• Liaise with all relevant government agencies and external partners as it relates to Carnaval operations
• Supports the process of identifying, finding, ordering and storing consumables and supplies
• Works closely with the Carnaval Technical Services Department and Global Village Duty Manager to ensure proper service delivery on agreed terms
• Act as Carnaval Duty Manager (Rides 1) as per schedule
• Responsible for Rides & Attractions Supervisors, ensuring that satisfactory supervision is maintained throughout each operational day and all rides and attractions are being operated correctly
• Working with the Carnaval Technical Services Department, ensure that ride capacities are maximized at all times
• Maintain efficient communication is maintained through the Carnaval Base, ensuring that all ride stoppages are handled correctly with minimum impact to guests
• Ensuring all reports are up to date for all aspects of Carnaval Operations, including, but not limited to, Downtime Report, Training Records, Work Orders and Daily Report Sheets
• Five years of operations experience including two years in managerial/ operations supervision position.
• Must have handled operations responsibility in a complex environment where multiple stakeholders are involved and safety is a prime consideration
• UAE experience in operation of Visitor Attraction, Theme Park or similar
• Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic (desirable)
• Mental and emotional capability to make sound decisions quickly during potentially life-threatening situations in the event of an emergency in Carnaval.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate not only with senior management but with seasonal employees in resolving problems.
• Must possess the ability to work closely with multiple channels.
• Must possess the mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job duties.
• Must be able to access all areas of the park.
• Must be able to train others on the safe usage of equipment.
• Must be able to work outdoors in all-weather conditions
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Developing knowledge of ride operations, procedures, and Safety systems.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
Head of Operations
Operations Manager - Facilities Management
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant