Job description / Role
- The role holder will have accountability for on-time production and analysis of performance packs and creation of effective, accurate and user-friendly management information ("MI").
- Responsible for all financial performance reporting and analysis bank wide. Focus on preparing annual budget, regular business performance reporting, sales incentive validation, Expense versus budget monitoring and project / cost management across the group
- Oversight of all financial performance reporting and analysis bank wide. The role will assist in translating business strategy into measurable objectives and metrics to enable regular monitoring and performance measurement against business goals and strategy
- Assist in the planning process for both the strategic and operational financial planning process. This includes plans at bank level, business unit and performance unit level, Bank wide and cost centre level expense plans and branch budgets. This includes responsibility for the financial forecasts of the bank.
Business Performance and Insight:
- Responsible for monthly management reporting preparation and submission ensuring deadlines are met, integrity and consistency of financial information and usability of end users. This includes providing deep insight, scenario analysis and recommendations to drive business performance to achieve enterprise strategic goals. Insight to span revenue, expense, capital, return on equity, regulatory, liquidity and funding dimensions. The insight is to be aimed at assisting business decisions through fact based timely, accurate and insightful financial data and analytics. Analysis providing direction and thinking to support decision making such as any new business proposition, product promotion etc.
Peer Group Analysis:
- Responsible for preparation of detailed pack showing comparative against Tier 1 banks and CBD peer groups on various parameters including 5 year quarterly movements in revenue, expenses, operating profit, provisions, net profit, assets, loans and deposits. Comprehensive UAE Bank benchmarking which includes various financial parameters such as return on asset, return on equity, dividend yield, price to earnings, market capital, loan and deposit market share, price to book etc.
- Support the preparation of the Board pack and Investor pack with Economic updates such as UAE purchasing managers index, UAE GDP growth, CPI & inflation, Oil prices, GDP by sector, growth in economy, CBD's corporate social responsibilities and CBD awards
- Support the cost management framework for the Group which would help control / manage costs - capex and opex. Manage the cost center structure in conformity with Bank's cost management framework with active business engagement to deliver cost reports. Support in achieving the banks cost targets by ensuring adequate cost controls and transparency and analysis including but not limited to cost center review & and process efficiency. Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support review of the Sales incentive pay-out providing approvals and ensuring data accuracy and compliance with pay-out policies. Ensure timely release. Maintain strict control on the pay-outs by ensuring the computation of Sales incentive pay out for each agent is as per the existing Sales incentive policy. Review and challenge on the new proposed sales incentive policy.
- Support in preparing detailed financial projections and models for the various business initiatives of the bank to evaluate them in terms of financial returns and economic viability after considering various scenarios and all the risks involved.
Projects and Transformation:
- Gather and consolidate accounting and financial information for the preparation of Management report. Take initiative to investigate and recommend suitable suggestions to improve the effectiveness. Coordinate with business owners to define methodology and business logic for new performance measures. Identify and resolve issues, errors, gaps between data sources and business requirements. Own the calculation process that transforms raw data into structured information for reporting needs
- Support ad-hoc business queries and return measurements to meet the needs business managers for day-to-day operation management.
- Ensure adequate documentation is adhered to at all times for all standard process through 'Departmental operating Instructions' & ' Standard operating procedures'
- Under graduate degree in business, commerce, finance or accounting
- Formal qualification in banking or budgeting or costing would be preferred
- 5 + years' experience in Planning and performance role with a bank.
- Knowledge of banking products, planning, operations, profitability, performance analysis, MIS and reporting. Ability to understand business requirements and combine good financial acumen with accounting principles/ other regulations to contribute to banks strategy and profitability.
- Working knowledge on financial modelling, financial and management accounting and commercial attributes associated with full scale banking activity.
- Outstanding communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Numeracy and accuracy
- Professional drive and learning attitude
- Process Improvement & Innovation
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.