Assistant Manager - Project Logistics
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
To manage and plan all related activities with the Operations; including clearance, bookings and movement of all Air & Sea shipments coming into and out of Abu Dhabi and other ports of the country. Manage a team of coordinators and Operators to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department are met.
The Assistant Manager, Project Logistics is responsible for:
• Overlooking and supervising all Operations related activities of all inbound/outbound/door to door air/sea shipments; ensuring that all Operations requirements are met in line the team processes and guidelines.
• Coordinating and communicating with client, DSV offices, third parties and internal department such as customs clearance depart and transportation team to arrange and ensure smooth transportation of shipments & proper documentation from the point of origin to ensure smooth handling of shipments.
• Negotiating and building favorable business relationships with external parties such as Sea Carriers, handling Agents, government agencies that would improve competitiveness and quality of service to our customers.
• Providing input to management in order to track progress against targets; creating reports; recommending and implementing any changes to existing plans and operating processes.
• Ensuring strict compliance in ensuring all invoicing related jobs is done within 24 hours from the time the job is completed.
• Working towards ensuring a strong bond with clients to ensure faith in our capabilities as their assigned service provider; maintaining a strong client relationship through timely updates on the passage of freight and timely cargo deliveries.
• Providing all operational/ departmental reports, including reports for all Operational areas in a timely manner with utmost accuracy, to the Manager.
• Developing teamwork, demonstrating shared goals and values. Providing leadership guidance and support to all staff in the area. Enabling the team to ensure staffs are recruited, trained and motivated; develop appropriate succession plans.
• Performing any other related duties/ projects assigned by Manager from time to time to meet business exigencies.
• Bachelors degree in related field; Industry diploma/certification.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in air & sea freight forwarding environment.
• Knowledge of local, regional and global industry laws and regulations.
• Working knowledge of Incoterms and control systems.
• Great interpersonal skills and a good team player.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
DSV is truly a global player offering services worldwide. Operating as the third largest global supplier of Transport & Logistics in more than 80+ countries and over 75,000+ employees, we thrive within an international network of partners and agents. Every day, we aim to open many opportunities for you to develop your career on an international scale, promoting Customers First, Best performance & True Collaboration - we are One DSV!
Logistics Manager, Up to AED 15,000 per month
Sapphire Recruitment Consultants
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy