Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior within the Advisory, Internal Audit team in UAE.
Your key responsibilities
- You can expect to work with top tier clients, addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risks
- You will assess the client's current state processes and controls and identify opportunities to mitigate risk as well as improve process efficiency, effectiveness and business performance.
- You will perform internal control testing and prepare reports with our findings and recommendations.
- You will be responsible for working on multiple client engagements and across diverse teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participating in internal audit and other risk advisory engagements including a variety of compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.
- Collating observations, preparing work papers, determining and agreeing recommendations for improvement and reporting to key client stakeholders, including senior management
- You will work with the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and an internal audit approach that complies with professional standards.
- You will help clients to understand and manage risk and validate the effectiveness of the underlying control environment.
- You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, operational and strategic risks across a variety of industries, along with experience in developing internal audit plans, engagement scopes and performing internal controls testing.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, developing and coaching junior staff, delegating to others, providing support, communicating effectively and updating senior team members on progress.
Ideally, you'll also have
- A minimum of 3 years + experience ideally working for a blue chip, government or professional services organization as an Internal Auditor.
- Demonstrated experience in Internal Audit including both compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.
- Exceptional time management, communication and report writing skills.
Who are Advisory?
Our Advisory service line focuses on helping clients to improve their performance and manage their risks more effectively. From an improved finance function, enhanced supply chain, or superior customer experience, EY teams are able to offer added value and turn our client's strategy into reality! This is why Advisory is the fastest-growing service line and an energetic, fast-paced environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.