Job description / Role
Assistant Manager/ Manager - Risk - Risk Transformation
With change comes RISK. Organizations are not created to manage risk; they are created to generate value as part of a broader aspirational purpose. That purpose is achieved through a series of strategic business decisions that require taking risks - these risks impact business performance.
Our understanding of the issues around risk - the risks you can see as well as the ones you can't - inspire us to ask better questions. Organizations need to look beyond manageable risks (financial, operational, regulatory), better align their risk and business objectives, improve coordination and alignment of risk activities across the organization, and more effectively leverage technology so that they can better respond to their different risks.
Together, in Risk Transformation we can help deliver better outcomes and long-lasting results, from strategy to execution.
Your key responsibilities
You will likely spend most of your time connecting with clients to design and implement their processes into the process control tools. To make that happen, you will need to draw upon your implementation and client experiences to help our clients implement a proficient design and to understand how to effectively manage the organizational change in their environment.
- Provide Risk Advisory services to help clients within the Energy Sector enhance their risk strategy, embed an enterprise approach to risk management, optimize risk management functions, and improve controls and processes.
- Advise clients on setting strategic business decisions to address risks impacting business performance. Help clients identify, manage, and respond to risks while accelerating business performance and maintaining growth.
- Advise clients on aligning risk and business objectives, improving coordination and alignment of risk activities across the organization, and effectively leveraging technology to respond to different risk scenarios. Provide advisory services, including Risk Controls Technology Services, Regulatory Compliance, Process & Controls Improvement, Application Security, GRC Technology Enablement, Risk-enabled Performance Management, IT Risk Management, Supplier Risk Management.
- Program Risk Management, and/or Risk Managed Services.
- Help organizations transition from value protection to value creation, supporting their efforts no only to protect, but to optimize and grow their businesses.
- We will also look to you to build strong relationships with our clients to help them effectively address their complex issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Communication across functions (internal and external to EY) to identify and document functional requirements
- Confidence in your reputation as Risk expert by keeping abreast of industry developments, practices and trends
- Focus on the importance of coaching and developing teams and colleagues, by taking their ideas and giving them the knowledge, skills and opportunities, they need to deliver
- Energy and ambition to identify and manage business development opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of experience leading project teams engaged in compliance or risk activities, including risk management control frameworks; implementation of GRC tools; conducting compliance assessments; and creating action plans for compliance programs
- Experience in delivering Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Compliance Management Services to clients within the Energy sector, specifically Oil & Gas or Power & Utilities
- Sector experience covering Oil & Gas - Downstream/ Upstream, covering core business operations and support functions.
- Experience providing advisory or consulting services on risk enabled performance management.
- Experience designing processes to support controls compliance using SAP GRC Process Control, including (but not limited to) self-assessment surveys, manual testing, continuous monitoring, etc.
- Strong skills in project management, team management, and client service
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA will be an added advantage
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region