Job description / Role
The job holder is mandated to provide cost efficient, customer focused and well controlled service delivery to both internal and external customers. The job holder's responsibilities extend to managing Operations of the unit and to make SCB UAE the bank of choice for our customers.
• To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to access the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
• Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk, implementing it and management of it.
• To effectively manage Standard Chartered Bank, Regional Securities Services operations processes (Custody (Corporate actions, Settlements, Billing, Message Control and Static Data updates), on a daily basis and escalate to the SS Operations Head any transactions which requires immediate resolution.
• Ensure that turnaround times in respect of processing various transactions are met on a constant basis as per agreed SLA with respective units
• Ensure that all enquiries / complaints are resolved within agreed turnaround time
• To develop strong working relationship between our GBS counterparts and ensure that transaction processing is carried out with minimal risks and with high quality standards.
• To develop key working relationships with internal customers and support units etc.
• To ensure that Department Operating Instructions (DOI), checklists, SLA are kept up to date, and shared with the team-members and reviewed to ensure practicing of the same.
• Ensure Adherence to all Group and country policy and procedures including CMS policy.
• Ensure adherence on an ongoing basis to all requirements of KYC/AML/sanction regulations as may be issued from time to time.
• Avoid revenue leakage and ensure that there are no debits to P&L Accounts without appropriate authority
• Ensure that all internal account reconciliation escalations are addressed on a daily basis and correction entries passed where required e.g. sundry, erroneous, CSA accounts etc.
• To ensure that any Nostro, mirror/memo and GL un-reconciled entries are escalated and kept to a minimum and are resolved on a daily basis.
• Ensure that BCP/DR plans for the section covers all relevant activities and that the tests carried out are successful.
• Initiate transfer of best practices to/from other processing centers.
• Act as custodian for Bank keys as and when required.
• Act as a bulk stock custodian as and when required.
• To lead and participate in projects initiated for risk-mitigation, service improvement, technology upgrade, regulatory etc.
• Manager, GBS Gulf Payments and Securities Services, Chennai
• Manager, Service Quality
• Relationship Managers
• Support Unit Department Managers (Finance, Admin, IT,HR)
• Other areas of GTO
• Existing Customers
• Prospective Customers
• Other Bank Officials
• Number of customer complaints / errors and enquiries related to SS
• Client accolades
• Process reviews and enhancements (automation)
• Audit and other review ratings
• Operational loss due to errors / omissions in the area handled within the unit.
• Prompt identification and escalation / reporting of unusual suspicious transactions
• No breaches of Group payment policy and other guidelines without proper approval
• Feedback from peer group and subordinates
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant
Asst. Operations Manager
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)