Job description / Role
Assistant Marketing Manager - AFRICA , Unilever International
Do you want to work for Unilever's fastest growing cluster that has grown from 250mn to almost 1 bn in the last 7 years and has an ambition to double yet again to 2bn in the next 5 years ? Do you want the opportunity to build Unilever's portfolio across categories in white spaces ? If so the Assistant Marketing Manager - AFRICA role, Unilever International is for you.
About Unilever International
Unilever International is Unilever's White Space Arm. As the 9 th global cluster, we work across US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever. On one hand we are completely responsible for building all of Unilever's brands in white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia and on the other we are now leading the launches of big brands like Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, Tresemme among others into big markets like the US, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever's growth engine, we are thirdly responsible for creating a global white space business in alternate channels like Duty Free ( 66bn$ globally), E Commerce Seeding in China and India, marketing to Institutional partners like the United Nations and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who miss their home brands.
Singapore is UI's global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International's success and this role will epitomise that. Hence as a game changer business, here are some of the rules we live by
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has never gone before
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
Main Job Purpose
The Asst Marketing Manager, AFRICA based at DUBAI and will play a key role in the achievement of this ambition of doubling the business. You will be leveraging digital and shopper marketing to build brands rapidly, partner with global and regional BD teams to analyse the market and lead the cross functional UI teams to land innovations in market fast with impact.
Some of the key deliverables for the role will be
- Support the local business development managers to ensure OTIF delivery of all key strategic projects hitting iTO & market share targets
- Develop disruptive best in class digital and social marketing plans for key brand launches
- Analyse white spaces across AFRICA
- Recommend strategic brand launches from a global bank of brand opportunities
- Define an e-commerce strategy working closely with key internal and external stakeholders
- Share best practice and learnings with wider UI marketing team
- Support the Marketing Manager on other on the job requirements - be open to being flexible
- Launch key niche brands across white spaces
- Average time for a roll out innovation in market - target 100 days from idea to in market
The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
The role will report into the Marketing Manager - NAMET RUB & AFRICA for Unilever International based in DUBAI . The role will interface with all Unilever categories at Director / Brand Manager level and UI supply chain and finance teams across UI globally.
For internal applicants - please provide your Line manager approval & 2Y of PDP.
Critical success Factors for the Job
Key Skills / Experiences / Qualifications Relevant Experience / SOL
- Exceptional drive and a positive passion to create brilliant mixes and create exceptional marketing solutions
- Willingness to break records
- Focus on continuous learning
- Deep consumer empathy and inquisitiveness to find solutions beyond the obvious
- Ability to challenge the status quo and ask the question why not
- Willingness to engage in robust discussions on strategy and air your own point of view
- Confidently work with senior stakeholders without losing one's point of view
- Decisiveness and initiative to lead the agenda and set the stage for great results
- Marketing experience in BD and/or BB in any region globally with a strong consumer focus
- Experience in European market desirable
- Strong track record of consistent in market delivery
- Deep desire to do something exceptional in life
- Bias for Action
- Growth Mindset
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.