Job description / Role
Every Day, Around the World, People Reach for Unilever Products. Our Brands Are Trusted Everywhere And, By Listening to The People Who Buy Them, We've Grown into One of The World's Most Successful Consumer Goods Companies. In Fact, 150 Million Times A Day, Someone Somewhere Chooses a Unilever Product. At Unilever, we aim to Double the Size of Our Business While Reducing Our Impact on The Environment By 2020. Our purpose is to make sustainable living a commonplace, because brands with purpose grow, companies with purpose last and people with purpose thrive. As A Result, In the Months and Years to Come, We Envisage Many Opportunities for Our Staff to Progress and Gain Vital Experience. It's Never Been Such an Exciting Time to Join the Unilever Team.
In Unilever Food Solutions, we cater to the F&B industry, with some of the world's best-known brands - Knorr, Hellmann's, Colman's, Lipton, Pure Leaf & Cart D'or. We work closely with businesses of all sizes from independent restaurants to hotel chains and caterers across more than 70 countries. As a business built by Chefs, we know the challenges faced every day in the kitchen and in the industry. Everything we do is focused on making our customers' lives a little easier by supporting them to bring out their best for their diners. Drawing from their extensive experience in professional food services, our team of over 250 professional Chefs create solutions that balance great taste, convenience and nutrition with a consistently high standard. We strive to create inspiring on-trend recipes and provide training and support, to help chefs perfect their craft.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative, experimental and empowered team within the Unilever Food Solutions Marketing Team, based in Dubai and managing the GCC market. The Foods Assistant Marketing Manager role is key in the organization, enabling sustainable growth by building purposeful brands and exceptional customer experiences based on insights and data. This role is part of the core team that operate as connectors in the chain that transform the business and our connections with customers from being transactional to value adding based on their needs, requirements and aspirations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- INSIGHTS & CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDING: Generate channel, country and customer insights & foresights and package these appropriately to feed into category & country strategy. Insights on an individual level, i.e. Chefs, F&B Managers, Business Owners to Channels such as Hotels, Restaurants and Caterers
- MARKETING PLAN: Based on the channel, country & customer insights, design ex ceptional customer journeys and experiences across key channels & touchpoints in partnership with innovations, digital, trade, CD and culinary teams. Owning the business calendar E2E marketing across all touch points to deliver the perfect customer experience
- IMPACTFUL INNOVATIONS: Work with Category teams to ensure innovations and rejuvenations are relevant to customers, landed on time and deployed in full and with impact across touchpoints and markets
- PURPOSEFUL BRANDS ACTIVATION: Build brand and product campaigns, as well as develop relevant tactical activations for strategic products and channels; and insight full & solution-based product selling stories
- COMMUNICATION & CONTENT CALENDAR: Own the planning and development of always-on content across platforms, working with external agencies and internal graphic designer to ensure it touches on relevant channel and customer needs
- BUDGETING: Manage the marketing budget efficiently to fuel purposeful brands, customer and business value, across the GCC markets and across the portfolio
- REVIEW & RECOMMENDATION: Regularly monitor and take course correction for based on monthly results, research and post launch evaluations
- LEADERSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT: Leading the Foods agenda within the team cross-functionally, building with and cascading final marketing plans to the culinary and CD teams across the markets
Key Competencies & Skills
- Marketing experience 2+ years
- Digital understanding and obsession
- Bachelor's Degree - Marketing or BBA a plus
- FMCG, F&B Industry & Chef understanding - a plus
- English fluency (written and spoken) - a must. Arabic Fluency - a plus
- Travel to GCC markets regularly
- OWNER'S MINDSET: High sense of accountability & responsibility for execution & results, with the ability to work independently
- TEAM PLAYER: A leader that can inspire powerful teamwork and collaboration, connecting with people for better results. Working hand-in-hand and well with Culinary, CD, Trade, Digital, E-commerce team members, across all touchpoints
- PERFECT EXECUTION: Proven track record with project management and execution (On time, in full quality delivery)
- DIGITAL UNDERSTANDING: Ability to assess quality of enablers (digital advertising, inbound marketing, SEO, social media, digital content, platforms) to maximize engagement & conversion
- INSIGHTFUL: Empathy to understand the target audience, generate insights based on channel/customer needs, behavioral observations, industry trends and action them into value creation
- CONSUMER/CUSTOMER LOVE: Bring the voice of the customer in all parts of the business, ensuring journeys & solutions are need-based and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- CURIOUS & COURAGEOUS: Explores the world around them, continually learning & developing, has a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo.
- DATA OBSESSION: Drives decision based on insights & facts, with the mindset of generating efficiency and optimal results & recommendations
- This is a Senior Assistant Marketing Manage role, please apply only if you have experience in marketing and leading projects independently and successfully.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager & Marketing Leadership Team
- Trade & Ecommerce Team
- Digital Team
- Category/Portfolio Marketing
- Graphic Designer
- Consumer Insights Team
- CD Team
- CD Ops
- External Agencies, Publishers
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.