Assistant Marketing & PR Manager
Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & PR, responsibilities and essential job functions include:
- Develop hotel brochures or any other form of collateral whether printed or digital.
- Manage photo and video shoots, conduct location scouts and site tours for media
- Process financial documentation to secure outsourced work with agencies and other external suppliers
- Write basic ad copy for business communications
- Project manage marketing campaigns in conjunction with Spa, Food & Beverage and Sales departments to ensure profit growth and brand exposure.
- Manage the supply chain process and timelines of marketing projects
- Serve as a brand guardian and ensure all consumer-facing communications follow the brand standards
- Liaise with appointed agencies, supplying a written creative brief with specific communication objectives, target market and any additional information as required and ensuring that the stakeholders are kept aware of all progress.
- Proof-read all communication materials to ensure the brand's tone of voice is followed.
- Support digital activities for both hotels such as preparation of HTMLs and newsletters.
- Collate and develop the monthly reports in form of presentations.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and PR in executing the resort's business objectives
- Occasionally design in-house collateral including flyers, menus, posters, and hotel screen banners
- In the absence of PR manager, handle media requests, organize media hostings
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the marketing, digital or related professional area
- An experienced marketing expert, a dynamic and self-driven, creative individual
- Strong luxury hotel background / luxury brand background is preferred
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of luxury market
- Excellent understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional presentation-building skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting, and analytical capabilities required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Managerial / Leadership skills
- Self-motivated and confident, with a drive for excellence
- Creative, independent, and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.