This position is closed or expired.
See other Procurement jobs
Assistant Merchandiser / Buyer – Office Depot
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 55 of the world's most recognised retail brands, including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, P.F. Chang's, Office Depot and Boots. The company operates 1,900 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food Services, Optics, Pharmaceuticals, Office Supplies and Home Furnishings.
Alshaya stores can currently be found in 15 markets across the Middle East, North Africa, Turkey, Cyprus, Russia, Poland, Slovakia and Czech Republic. It employs more than 20,000 people from over 80 nationalities.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Office Depot, Inc. is a global supplier of office products and services. The company was incorporated in 1986 with the opening ofÂ first retail store in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In fiscal year 2008, sold $14.5 billion of products and services to consumers and businesses of all sizes through our three business segments: North American Retail Division, North American Business Solutions Division and International Division. Sales are processed through multiple channels, consisting of office supply stores, a contract sales force, an outbound telephone account management sales force, internet sites, direct marketing catalogs and call centers, all supported by our network of crossdocks, warehouses and delivery operation.
Reporting to the Merchandiser, an Assistant Merchandiser assists the Senior/Merchandiser in ordering stock, analyzing sales and communicating to stores & brand team
• Produce & analyze reports to determine sales/margin/profit information with recommendations where appropriate
• Assist in the forecasting of orders quantities based on stock & sales information, calculating sizes ratios & monitoring stock levels & movement
• Tracking of invoices & shipments and proactively inform line of deviations
• Assist in pricing strategy, ensuring logic, commercially & within Brand targets for margin
• Ensure information on internal systems is accurate & make recommendations for corrections
• Communicate to store & warehouse information regarding new arrivals, display material, & stock release & returns
• Minimum 2 years in retail, preferably with buying background in electronic products.
• Excellent analytical, planning & organizational skills
• Excellent reporting skills is required.
• Good sense of customer understanding
• Must be fluent in English language
• Very good PC skills (Microsoft, Excel etc)
All Alshaya Staff are eligible to 30% staff discount on all Alshaya retail stores.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 75 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,400 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment. Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 47,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook.