Job description / Role
Assistant Outlet Manager - THE8 HOTEL
Manages daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversea the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
- Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross training
- Treats all Team Members fairly, with respect.
- Sets high standards for appropriate team behavior on shift.
- Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaints in restaurants.
- Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
- Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
- Check the quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
- Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
- Ensures new products are executed properly the following roll-out.
- Is capable of handling irate customers with a friendly/calm attitude.
- Ensures product quality and great service.
- Shows enthusiasm about guest within the restaurant.
- Is flexible in dealing with changes/problems (e.g., being short staffed).
- Has effectively forecasted restaurant needs.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Priorities tasks effectively to ensure most important tasks are completed on time.
- Delegates and follow-up effectively.
- Taking Ownership of issues or tasks and also give detail update of the F&B manager and the General Manager.
- Seeks, listens and responds to Guest feedback.
- Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
- Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
- Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
- Proficiency in using computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and pay, and perform other record keeping tasks.
- Proficiency in Point of sale ( POS ) software, inventory software, Restaurant guest satisfactory tracking software etc.
- Assist in planning regular and special event Menu.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurants service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team effectively and productively
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.