Job description / Role
- Responsible for all daily operational aspects of the Food and Beverage Department in the Novotel World Trade Centre.
- Maintaining a consistently high standard of service & product through clear management of the F&B Team, active involvement in the operations and hands-on approach is a must.
- Hands on training, coordinating, organizing, leading and motivating F&B team members.
- Promote outlets and use innovative methods to generate revenue, increase average spends, covers and profitability whilst meeting productivity ratios and remaining cost effective.
- Develops strong relationships with guests with the aim of gaining their loyalty
- Ensures the quality of service provided for guests, that they are comfortable and receive a warm and personal welcome.
- Ensures the brand's reference standards are properly applied
- Ensures that sales materials are of good quality and ensures that pricing is in line with strategy
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, prepares the menus, organises purchases and updates the cooking instructions
- Plans changes in the menu, sets prices and organises the work for the day in coordination with the Chef
- Is responsible for keeping equipment and furniture in good condition, for keeping machinery and appliances in reliable working order, and for following up technical maintenance.
- Prepares the training plans in conjunction with the managers under his/her responsibility
- Ensures that work schedules are consistent with activity forecasts for the hotel
- Monitor what competitors are doing in the culinary sectors of the business, benchmark and compare to own operation, suggest changes if required.
- Involved in compiling, costing and updating all food and beverage menus.
- Involved in in-house as well as external advertising & Marketing Plan for F&B department.
- Assist the F&B Manager in the preparation of annual budgets for your department, analysis of the results and implement any corrective actions if necessary.
Level of Education
- Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
- Food and beverage
- 3 to 5 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Diploma or degree in hospitality - food & beverage, professional hospitality degree or hospitality management school and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills
- At least 5 years' experience in the sector and impeccable knowledge of F&B professions and team management
- Computer literate
- Languages: fluent in the national language
- Team spirit
- Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Well organised
- Decisive - Autonomous - Entrepreneurial and good commercial sense
- Creative and innovative
- Good level of general culture
- Excellent presentation
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Assistant Manager - Front Office
Restaurant Operations Supervisor - Buns and Cones