Job description / Role
Are you highly numerate and passionate about working with numbers? We are currently looking for an Assistant Planner to join our diverse Beauty Planning team.
As an Assistant Planner you will be responsible to delivers the beauty division merchandise strategy through timely creation of Items and Purchase Orders, replenishment, allocation and transfers of product. Be responsible for the flow of goods through the Supply Chain, providing reports on Sales and Inventory; maximizing the productivity of inventory and maximizing sales and gross margin.
• Assisting in decision-making and problem solving on supplier / brand / partner issues
• Managing all aspects relating to the shipments, logistical processing and allocation function
• Promoting a "win-win" approach with all key brand partners.
• Negotiating discounts on late shipments.
• Processing Return to Vendor requests in a timely manner.
• Providing Finance department with details for drafting Letters of Credit and submit for supplier approval.
• Ensuring Supplier setup is complete including Estimated Landed Costs.
• Inventory Management
• Validating of Order Confirmations against Invoices and orders.
• Ensuring Shipment Trackers are maintained, delivery dates managed and deviances are escalated to planners and buyers.
• Creating new items, purchase orders and maintain cost and retail price changes.
• Creating allocations on new shipments.
• Controlling inventories at the store level to maximize sales, inventory and profitability.
• Reviewing Supplier and Warehouse Replenishment orders based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales, profit and inventory performance.
• Recommending, requesting approval and actioning inter-store transfer of stock and direct the distribution of goods to achieve store sales, stock turn and margin goals.
• Tracking and managing special orders and customer requests.
• Collecting and providing information to the planner and buyer to analyse the product performance per store.
• Internal Stakeholder Relations
• Ensuring team results, relationships and processes are aligned with the Company's mission and values.
• Ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of merchandising work processes.
• Compiling communication and coordinating with the stores regarding new launches, product discontinuation, price changes and brand/item focus.
• Ensuring that product moves efficiently through the supply chain.
• Coordinating with suppliers & Al Tayer Logistics on incoming shipments to ensure the goods are delivered and received within the specified timelines.
• Updating delivery schedule and communicate to the buyers and planners on a weekly basis.
• Highlighting potential shipment delays immediately.
• High School with an additional administration certificate or Graduate
• 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in a progressively responsible business, merchandising and/or planning and allocation experience
• Sound understanding of key performance indicators and elements that drive retail profitability and inventory productivity
• High levels of computer literacy
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• High level of Numerical ability
• Analytical thinking
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.