Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavors are the hallmark of every dining experience. As Assistant Pool & Beach Manager, your leadership and passion for guest service will drive outstanding operating results and ensure your outlet is both a preferred dining destination and workplace.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in March 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both the Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Pool and Beach Operation Manager, essential job functions of the Assistant Pool and Beach Manager include but are not limited to the following:
Managing the Pool & Beach Outlet:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Lead and manage the F&B Outlet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
• To assist in the recruitment and training of F&B Colleagues
• Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
• Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions
• Have full knowledge of all Outlet menus
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved for both outlets (Salt & Sea and Driftwood )
• To ensure both the outlets are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
• To ensure that all operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
• To assist and coach in the operation and be visible during peak times.
• To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that all outlets are adequately equipped.
• To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies for both the outlets.
• To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage department on daily operation and quality.
• To monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitive restaurants and pool bars.
• To assist the Manager in developing menu "specials pool bar snacks” and to prepare recipes and specifications for Beverage signatures items for pool bar as well as Driftwood.
• To plan and implement an effective sales plan and promotional activities for both the outlets.
• To revise and update both outlets Departmental Operations Manual as and when needed.
• To report "lost and found" items for each outlet.
• Tennis Court, Basketball Hoop, Badminton, Beach Volleyball, Kids Circle and Sand Building on Fridays set up to SOP.
• Manage the Pool and Beach team schedule/roaster.
• Ensure that team is patrolling the area every 1 hour and removing dirty towels
• Ensure that towels trolley is moved to laundry (properly covered) 3 times per day.
• To plan both the outlets weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that both outlets are adequately staffed to handle the level of business and submit a copy to the Food and Beverage office.
• To maintain both outlets bulletin board.
• To have outlet briefings on daily bases and maintain a communication log book.
• To submit all guest/employee incident reports for each outlet.
Financial and Revenue Responsibilities
• To carry out monthly, quarterly, bi yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment for both outlets.
• To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled for both outlets
• To ensure that both outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
• To identify in conjunction with the Outlet Manager Market needs and trends.
• To ensure accurate cash float is maintained at all given point of time.
• Schedule colleague trainings once a month with the Resorts Activities Manager consisting of manual/role-plays to ensure excellence in service.
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally.
• To assist in the recruitment and training of colleagues.
• Conduct a Test/refresher reminder to colleagues with the Resorts Activities Manager on a monthly basis to measure their knowledge (menu, amenity timings, activities timings, watersport/membership prices etc)
• Take hourly rounds measuring guest satisfaction, promoting resorts facilities and activities and anticipating guest’s needs. Reporting any guests complaints.
• Ensure that every order taken has a room number or guest name and that colleague’s address the guest by name.
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally.
• Ensure confidentiality and secure of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Fairmont Hotels and Resorts internet and email policy.
• Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests