Job description / Role
Atkins are currently looking for an Assistant Procurement Manager. The purpose of this role is to assist the lead procurement manager to maintain frameworks/agreements in place with suppliers to enable standardisation and governance in procurement of Services across divisional projects.
- Contracts review
- Project Management (design Projects)
- Prepare sub-consultancy agreements in line with agreements from the commercial director/procurement lead
- Coordinate with the cost team to ensure fees are in line with allocated budgets
- Obtain appropriate authorisation and ensure governance is undertaken for execution of sub-consultancy agreements
- Ensure scope is reviewed by the authorised personnel and is in line with main contract scope
- Maintain custodianship of the approved supplier list and facilitate input of performance feedback in the central database
- Assist in preparing supplier framework agreements with suppliers in coordination with commercial director.
- Promote a culture of learning, innovation and improvement within the Project Controls team
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree in Technical or Project Management, with a minimum of 4 years' experience, preferably in the GCC market;
- Track record of delivering Design Projects from inception through to delivery;
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and effective conversations
- Knowledge of Design Contracts
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirements; self-motivated.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).