Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
Al Ain, UAE
Job description / Role
The College of Information Technology (CIT) has engaged in an ambitious reorganization effort aiming to harness the prevalence of computing and the rise of artificial intelligence to advance science and technology innovation, for the benefit of society. Under its new structure, the College will serve as the nexus of computing and informatics at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU). CIT will build on the strength of its current research programs to create new multidisciplinary research initiatives and partnerships, across and beyond the university campus, critical to its long-term stability and growth. CIT will also expand its education portfolio with new multidisciplinary degree programs, including a BSc. in Artificial Intelligence, a BSc. in a Data Science, a BSc. in Computational Linguistics, jointly with the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, a MSc. in IoT, and a Ph.D. in Informatics and Computing. Also planned is a suite of online Microcredentials in emerging fields of study, including IoT, Cybercrime Law and Digital Forensics, Blockchains, and Cloud Computing.
About the Position
We seek faculty candidates with strong research record in all areas of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, with a special emphasis on emerging areas of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and on the theoretical foundations and applications of Data Sciences and AI/ML in a wide range of fields and domain applications, including Smart IoT, Smart Environments and Autonomous and Intelligent Systems. The successful candidates are expected to complement and enhance the current strength of the departments in AI and Data Science related areas, including Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Big Data, and Data Mining, and to contribute to the teaching and research in these areas.
About the UAEU
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the first academic institution in the United Arab Emirates. Founded by the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan in 1976, UAEU is committed to innovation and excellence in research and education. As the country's flagship university, UAEU aims to create and disseminate fundamental knowledge through cutting-edge research in areas of strategic significance to the nation and the region, promote the spirit of discovery and entrepreneurship, and educate indigenous leaders of the highest caliber.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree in computer science, information science or closely related areas from a recognized university. Preferred qualifications include:
- Established record of discipline specific research publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated experience writing and securing grants and contracts.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching and student supervision at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty across multiple departments and programs.
- Strong research record in all areas of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, with a special emphasis on emerging areas of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and on the theoretical foundations and applications of Data Sciences and AI/ML in a wide range of fields and domain applications, including Smart IoT, Smart Environments and Autonomous and Intelligent Systems.
- The successful candidates are expected to complement and enhance the current strength of the departments in AI and Data Science related areas, including Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Big Data, and Data Mining, and to contribute to the teaching and research in these areas.
- Faculty rank is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The positions will remain open until filled.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Engagement Manager - Healthcare & Life Sciences - Top Tier Strategy Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent