Job description / Role
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the UAE University invites applications for a faculty position in Sustainable Civil Engineering. We are interested in highly motivated individuals who are able to provide research contributions in two or more of the following areas; resilient infrastructure, green construction technologies and materials, sustainable water and land resource management, and environmental systems engineering with emphasis on multi-scale validation. The above-mentioned areas should rely on evolving fundamental knowledge along with methodological developments of multidisciplinary research.
We, therefore, invite applications for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor level in Civil Engineering. Applicants should hold a BSc degree in Civil Engineering and Ph.D. in Civil/Environmental/Sustainable Engineering from a well-recognized university. Prior work experience in environmental data analytics and life cycle assessment in civil engineering-related systems will be an added advantage.
• The successful candidate is expected to develop an innovative and recognized research program leading to an outstanding record of scientific accomplishments.
• As a faculty member at the UAE University, the successful candidate is expected to excel in undergraduate and graduate teaching of core and multidisciplinary subjects of civil and environmental engineering
• A Ph.D. degree from a reputable international university in Civil/Sustainable Engineering.
• Demonstrated record of publications in leading international scientific journals in the area of Sustainable Engineering;
• Ability to develop and secure sponsored research that involves both undergraduate and graduate students;
• Ability to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses and to develop new courses or course components in the areas of Civil/Sustainable Engineering;
• Ability to supervise capstone graduation project in the area of Civil/Sustainable Engineering; and
• Strong communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies
• Teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of Civil/Sustainable Engineering.
• Conduct original research that leads to publications in top-tier refereed journals.
• Student advising and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Supervising M.Sc. and Ph.D. students and research assistants/associates;
• Develop and sustain externally funded research projects.
• Participate in Department, College, and University committees and actively engage in promoting the growth of the College of Engineering at UAEU and its role in society.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Associate/Full Professor - Educational Leadership
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||23 Dec|
Adjunct Instructor of Civil Engineering
University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD)
Civil Engineering Professor
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts