Job description / Role
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
The candidates will be involved in teaching medical students, interns and residents, performing research in areas relevant to Family Medicine providing clinical care and quality control of assessment internally and externally. Research is an important expectation for this position and candidates should have some prior experience in this area with evidence of scholarly activity. Significant opportunities exist for funding and technical support and excellent collaboration exists within the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS). Clinical care is an expectation of this position including working in primary health care centers affiliated with the CMHS.
Candidates are expected to have achieved a level of success that will enable them to achieve international recognition in their field of research. You will be an academic leader delivering high-quality, student-centered teaching, underpinned by academic scholarship (research, knowledge exchange or professional practice).
- In-depth understanding and expertise in primary care research, to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field.
- Made a significant contribution to the development of academic policies across the Institution.
- Be recognized as an excellent teacher nationally and have worked at a national level to champion
- Family Medicine Consultant service in Primary health care centre
- Published high quality scholarly learning resources and/or books.
- Worked at a national level to champion selected aspects of disciplinary pedagogy to further education.
- Engaged in scholarly research networks beyond the University.
- Lead, as first author, on successful funding proposals
- Management and coordination of teaching modules as assigned
- Participation in committees as assigned by department/faculty
Candidates for this position must have: an MD or MBBS degree, completion of advanced postgraduate training in Family Practice, prior undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience and have certification/fellowship (or equivalent) in North America, Australasia and Europe. Evidence of prior scholarship including publications in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals is a mandatory requirement for the position. Formal training in education and research will be desirable.
- Prior experience in Academia
- Postgraduate qualification in Medical Education
- Has extensive publication record both in quality and quantity
- Demonstration of the ability to conduct independent research by being a principle Investigator and has secured research grants
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.