Assistant Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Abu Dhabi University
Al Ain, UAE
Job description / Role
Assistant Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Al-Ain)
Abu Dhabi University (ADU) is a private, multi campus university dedicated to meeting the needs for educational opportunities in the United Arab Emirates and neighboring countries. The University is committed to offering challenging educational programs to all admitted students and program participants seeking a superior education regardless of their race, religion, color, gender, disability or national origin. ADU promotes collegial, efficient and effective management practices and is internationally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) in the USA. The university seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to cooperate with peer institutions worldwide; and applies state-of-the-art learning technologies in modern facilities.
The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College became the largest private engineering college in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi with over 2600 students served by over 55 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 13 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 5 staff members. With 15 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the College offers the largest and most diverse number of programs for any engineering college in the country. The curricula of our programs are designed according to international standards and best practices in world-class universities. Engineering and IT programs in the College that have already graduated more than one cohort of students have either received, or expected to receive in a couple of months, ABET accreditation. Our dedicated faculty are prudently chosen from top engineering schools in North America and Europe. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities provide a great environment for student learning. The College has received significant distinctions and awards nationally and internationally. It has MOUs and research collaboration with several international. We provide all means of success to our students, and equip them with the necessary values, knowledge and skill they need to prove themselves in today's highly competitive market. CoE is currently inviting applications for faculty appointments in Electrical and Computer Engineering for Academic Year 2019-20. Appointments for two positions at the level of Assistant Professor is available and will be decided based on qualifications and relevant experience
Applicants from the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Computer Engineering and Embedded Systems
- Communications and Signal Processing Engineering
Faculty members report to the Department Chair and Dean/Associate Deans, and participate in the growth and development of the University. Faculty members will be engaged in teaching in the undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs, involved in research activities, and committed to university service.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institute in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- Successful university teaching experience in under graduate and graduate level relevant to the academic rank.
- Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.
- Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||6 Apr|
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|
Electrical Design Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|
Al Salaam Consultants